Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes silence

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Sitting in my seat at KO yesterday i couldnt help but think about the Alb people i knew who have passed away b4 seeing our glorious new home, i would imagine most of us know some :-(
What a fitting tribute for the COMMUNITY stadium if there was a minutes silence b4 the Donny game for all those Albion fans now departed.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i actually like the idea of this..

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nice idea, but I reckon that a minute's applause might be more appropriate. You would do well to keep over 20k people quiet for five seconds on such a momentous day, let alone a minute...many of them will have been making the most of the full range of alcoholic products on offer for some time before kick-off!

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
I think you'll there are plans to have a minute of silence before the Spurs game ... sure it's in 'Ask The Club' somewhere

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I was lucky enough to have 30 minutes with DK when he popped into Amex regarding Albion in the community a few months ago. It had already been mentioned on here,so I brought it up with him during the conversation.
He loved the idea of a minutes applause and thought it was a typically Albion thing to do.
He was going to bring it up at there next meeting.So they are certainly aware of the idea.

Yoda

English & European
Yes, it has been raised a few times in ATC: Minutes silence first game

Lovely idea, hope the club seriously consider it.

Great! Nice one club. Do it on the game were around 6000 odd season ticket holders (including myself) won't be there due to the limited capacity. Some of which (again, including myself) have lost someone close. :angry:

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Great! Nice one club. Do it on the game were around 6000 odd season ticket holders (including myself) won't be there due to the limited capacity. Some of which (again, including myself) have lost someone close. :angry:

My original post suggested the Donny game Bud !!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Minutes applause for those who didnt make it would be my vote.

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
Yes my mate died a week after his 40th birthday, five years ago. He did so much in the hope of being where we are one day, Gutted for him to not be here now to see it. I'm strongly in favour of anything along these lines. The club are also doing a list in the spurs programme of those lost between The Goldstone and now

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As above, the club's got it covered. I hope it's not a minute's applause though. Such a cop-out. Invented for clubs with fans too pig thick to be respectful for sixty seconds. I don't imagine us having that problem to be honest - the silences always used to be well-observed and it's so much more poignant.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
As above, the club's got it covered. I hope it's not a minute's applause though. Such a cop-out. Invented for clubs with fans too pig thick to be respectful for sixty seconds. I don't imagine us having that problem to be honest - the silences always used to be well-observed and it's so much more poignant.

Agree silence is much more respectful

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You know, on big European and World Cup games they now only schedule a "moment's silence". In other words, the ref will bail out and blow his whistle as soon as any crowd noise starts kicking off. People nowadays literally cannot be trusted to be keep their traps shut for one minute - I find it pathetic personally.

God I'm getting old :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here