Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg
For anyone who didn't know Phil here he is with his lovely Wife Sarah

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Yeah I recognise the face from games over the years. RIP & I hope the word spreads.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The news is spreading fast you won't be alone in the minutes applause, I'm in the north as well now block A back row( with the massive Finland flag)

I will join in. I recognise Phil but don't know if I've spoken with him, but as a fellow 52 year old I can only repeat what others have said - it's no age. Him and Sarah look so happy in that picture, it's tragic.

You're leaving us in WSU Block H, T Soprano? I agree, it's not what it was, but That's a shame. You sat in the row in front of me and my son...

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I will join in. I recognise Phil but don't know if I've spoken with him, but as a fellow 52 year old I can only repeat what others have said - it's no age. Him and Sarah look so happy in that picture, it's tragic.

You're leaving us in WSU Block H, T Soprano? I agree, it's not what it was, but That's a shame. You sat in the row in front of me and my son...
For years I wondered where Pogue Mahone sat and all the time you were right behind me :thumbsup:
Had to leave west upper the steps getting too much for My 75 year old pops :) , will miss the whole crowd around me in block H :-( a great bunch of people

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
For years I wondered where Pogue Mahone sat and all the time you were right behind me :thumbsup:
Had to leave west upper the steps getting too much for My 75 year old pops :) , will miss the whole crowd around me in block H :-( a great bunch of people

Yeah, I was a little bit to your left - we spoke quite often - I am the tall guy with reddish hair.

Enjoy the North, and your pops.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm guessing the club could be hesitant doing anything official as it could possibly result in people expecting this every time an Albion fan passes away.

That said, just as long as it was a season ticket holder I doubt we lose many supporters to the Amex in the sky each season. I think it would be a grand gesture.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Look out for billy no mates in east upper. On my own as my son and his mates have evacuated to the north this season. I will mark the time and expect to have death stares :eek:

Dont worry mate , the boy and i are still sitting in front of you , we will join in the minutes applause for a fellow Albion fan and make sure people around us are aware of whats planned.
And BTW we will keep you company Billy !!
RIP Phil.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Seen both him and his Mrs a lot, both on the train and in the ground. Will do my best to rouse up row Q in N1F.
RIP big fella, rest easy.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be joining in and have put it on Facebook

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That said, just as long as it was a season ticket holder I doubt we lose many supporters to the Amex in the sky each season. I think it would be a grand gesture.

Some clubs hold an annual fan remembrance day. The names of deceased supporters (from the previous 12 months) are read out and appropriate applause/silence is given. That might be a good model for the club to follow.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Dont worry mate , the boy and i are still sitting in front of you , we will join in the minutes applause for a fellow Albion fan and make sure people around us are aware of whats planned.
And BTW we will keep you company Billy !!
RIP Phil.

Don't forget, you have got to look after me this season:p---unlike the dipsticks I sat with last year:rolleyes:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Hopefully someone can be so kind as to get it on video for those of us not fortunate enough to be there and witness it. Great idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here