Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Minibus to Wolves

Stumpy Tim

A few of us have booked a minibus to the Wolves game... it's £1,000 for a return journey for 16 people. We currently have 8-10 people, but if anyone has a group of 4 or so interested send me a PM. We'll be leaving from Hove at 8.30am and doing a pick-up at Cobham Services.

As a demographic, we're all in our 40's and the driver allows drinking, which we will be doing.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
16 in a mini van , not all known to each other , drinking on a long journey. what could go wrong ! I would have thought for a little more you could have hired a luxury coach with deep pile leather seats and lots more room . Maybe I’m out of touch with hiring costs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
16 in a mini van , not all known to each other , drinking on a long journey. what could go wrong ! I would have thought for a little more you could have hired a luxury coach with deep pile leather seats and lots more room . Maybe I’m out of touch with hiring costs.
What’s ‘deep pile leather’ ?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I would have thought for a little more you could have hired a luxury coach with deep pile leather seats and lots more room.
I just had a look to see if prices for this were readily available (and then gave up immediately), but did come across this intriguing line:

"The luxury coach fleet has panoramic windows, tables, fridge with bottled water and on board entertainment facilities including a DVD player and on board toilet."

What the hell goes on in that toilet?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I just had a look to see if prices for this were readily available (and then gave up immediately), but did come across this intriguing line:

"The luxury coach fleet has panoramic windows, tables, fridge with bottled water and on board entertainment facilities including a DVD player and on board toilet."

What the hell goes on in that toilet?
If my experience of coach toilets are anything to go by, the less time you spend in them the better.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Over 40’s drinking it will be stopping every five minutes for someone to take. a piss.
It is illegal to drink alcohol on the way to a football match even taking unopened bottles for the journey home. If stopped, you would be forced to turn round and tickets confiscated.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It is illegal to drink alcohol on the way to a football match even taking unopened bottles for the journey home. If stopped, you would be forced to turn round and tickets confiscated.
I've no doubt you will get away with it, but as a precaution hide any colours and if stopped say you're on a stag do. It is illegal and if a copper wants to be awkward then he will be. Just be carefull. Same when arriving at the ground, hide the booze.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That's right, and yet you can sit on a train and drink yourself into oblivion whilst on the way to a football match.

The law makers (possibly at the time of the Taylor Report?) thought that one through well didn't they :rolleyes:

As someone once said ...'There are no rules, rules are for fools'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here