Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Milwall XI v Development Squad

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I found this piece:

Skipper Paul Robinson got a solid 45 minute run-out as a Millwall XI slipped to a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Brighton & HA in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Tuesday afternoon.
The match enabled manager Kenny Jackett to give useful crucial playing time for the likes of Robbo, back in training after a knee injury, Jordan Stewart, Jack Smith and Chris Hackett.
Indeed it was Hackett who provided the cross for the game's first real chance as his surge down the right allowed him to cross for the onrushing Aiden O'Brien. The young striker made a good connection but Brighton keeper Michael Poke was down quickly to keep it out.
Another Hackett cross, this time from a corner, found Stewart in space but his header could only loop into Poke's grateful arms. Right winger Hackett was seeing a lot of the ball and was the next to try his luck, curling a free-kick wide after O'Brien had been tripped 25 yards out.
Millwall had the edge but it was Brighton that took the lead. A neat counter attack freed George Barker down the left and he took a touch before powering a low shot beyond Ryan Allsop.
The Lions' reply was instant and direct from the restart a neat passing move found Hackett 20 yards out and his shot was deflected off a Brighton defender, looped up and over the stranded Poke.
The half-time whistle was Robbo's cue to depart but it was Millwall who took the game by the scruff of the neck in the second period.
Hackett blasted a 20-yarder wide then flighted over a free-kick that Smith just couldn't get a proper connection to.
A sweeping attack that started with Smith's long ball forward ended with Hackett squaring for sub Tobi Alabi, whose first-time shot hit the base of the post.
Millwall went close minutes later as Alabi wriggled free down the left. His cross was spilled by Poke into the path of O'Brien two yards out but he could only stab it over the bar. In fairness, he didn't expect the chance to come.
It proved costly though as Barker capitalised on a loose ball to thump home his, and Brighton's, second with ten minutes remaining, and that proved to be the winner as it finished 2-1 to the the visitors.

I was wondering if anyone knew the team we put out? All I gathered from that was Barker and Poke, with the pictures on the Milwall site also showing Kasim.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
The game was played behind close doors and from what I've heard the above is not a very accurate report on the game, but them you expect a Millwall report to be Millwall bias.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The game was played behind close doors and from what I've heard the above is not a very accurate report on the game, but them you expect a Millwall report to be Millwall bias.

shame Brighton haven't reciprocated

I find that the better we get and the more Gus' influence on style of play permeates through the club, the more interested I become in the reserves/development squad.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
shame Brighton haven't reciprocated

I find that the better we get and the more Gus' influence on style of play permeates through the club, the more interested I become in the reserves/development squad.

Yes, since I went to the SSC Final I've become relatively obsessed with the DS and have added all of their games and profiles to my project :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here