Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall Away

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm in for this one, though I only put my application in the TO door on Sunday evening.

I'm also planning to be at QPR (with the kids) and Wolves, along with hopefully many more before the end of the season.

Must start planning Leeds away soon. That'll take some planning as I've got no leave left to take.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
make it 801 i will be there

WHY the f*** is everyone shying away from f***ing MILLWALL. they have a member scheme now anyway which is hard for HOOLIES to get tickets. its pathetic that so many chose to do W Ham and not this even closer venue

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I'm going with my two kids.:clap2:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm not going. Work is the main reason, but I did not fancy that awful trip up the slope to the train station. That has been the most intimidation I have ever felt after a game.

Millwall may have cleared their act up, but that is in and not out of the ground. That last time, Millwall fans (sic) were standing by cars they knew had come from Brighton after reading the tax disc.

If I go, and can get the time off work, I would not use the train to travel back to London Bridge, and not wear any colours. It would be out of the ground, head to the White Hart and on the bus.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dover said:
I'm not going. Work is the main reason, but I did not fancy that awful trip up the slope to the train station. That has been the most intimidation I have ever felt after a game.

Millwall may have cleared their act up, but that is in and not out of the ground. That last time, Millwall fans (sic) were standing by cars they knew had come from Brighton after reading the tax disc.

If I go, and can get the time off work, I would not use the train to travel back to London Bridge, and not wear any colours. It would be out of the ground, head to the White Hart and on the bus.

I agree that the League Cup game up there was not pleasant, about 3 years ago, but the last league game was as calm as can be.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
!

smudge said:
I'll be there & QPR. We''ll definitely sell both tiers at Loftus Road. One of the best awaydays for atmosphere, especially if you get in the top tier.
but if you get the bottom tier stuck in a corner its SHIT!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Let me tell all of you now who say 'I am going to Wolves but not Millwall because its dodgy'

Millwall is fine as Uncle Buck says there is now a new walkway from the station to the ground for away fans, but Wolves is a different story. It is certainley one of only a couple of grounds in our division where I would not feel comfortable wearing colours around town.
IMO Wolves & Cardiff are the two most dodgiest grounds to visit Millwall probably one of the safest!!!

Oct 19, 2004
Hastings
Soton Seagull said:
Can of worms!

How about those who travelled all the way to Sunderland - surely they are 'better/more loyal fans'?(sic)

Pointless argument, the club have made their viewpoint very clear (like it or loathe it), 1st come, 1st served.

Personally, done Millwal before, can't be arsed this time round as just before payday and plenty of costs etc in Dec, would rather do QPR & Wolves.

Well said that man. I'm going - only sent off application last week so add 2 to the 800 figure. But the notion that I should get preference at QPR is ludicrous (Apart from the fact I won't be going anyway). I didn't go to Sunderland, Derby, Leicester, Wigan etc. Just because I'm 'brave' enough to go to Millwall is no reason to exclude other people from getting QPR tickets. My mum is going to Millwall which will make the 4th game she has seen in 3 years. Should she get priority over people who went to Sunderland?

I've never seen the fascination with large numbers of people at every game. Is it a macho thing? We are a bigger club than x because we took y people to Millwall and they only took z? People will pick and choose their games - that's inevitable. Away to Millwall in the run up to Christmas will always have low away support. We get no money from away ticket sales. It won't affect Falmer as a need for a new stadium has already been ascertained. It would be nice for the team to have more support but our away support is very vocal and 800 people will produce a good enough atmosphere.

A lot of people have lives outside of watching every single Albion game. They have to weigh up spending time with family, financial considerations, safety concerns (Whether real or imagined, the idea of away to Millwall will deter a lot of people) etc. etc. We won't take as many there as we did to West Ham. It's not a unique experience as we've played there twice in the last few years.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Couldn't give a rats arse said:
Well said that man. I'm going - only sent off application last week so add 2 to the 800 figure. But the notion that I should get preference at QPR is ludicrous (Apart from the fact I won't be going anyway). I didn't go to Sunderland, Derby, Leicester, Wigan etc. Just because I'm 'brave' enough to go to Millwall is no reason to exclude other people from getting QPR tickets. My mum is going to Millwall which will make the 4th game she has seen in 3 years. Should she get priority over people who went to Sunderland?

I've never seen the fascination with large numbers of people at every game. Is it a macho thing? We are a bigger club than x because we took y people to Millwall and they only took z? People will pick and choose their games - that's inevitable. Away to Millwall in the run up to Christmas will always have low away support. We get no money from away ticket sales. It won't affect Falmer as a need for a new stadium has already been ascertained. It would be nice for the team to have more support but our away support is very vocal and 800 people will produce a good enough atmosphere.

A lot of people have lives outside of watching every single Albion game. They have to weigh up spending time with family, financial considerations, safety concerns (Whether real or imagined, the idea of away to Millwall will deter a lot of people) etc. etc. We won't take as many there as we did to West Ham. It's not a unique experience as we've played there twice in the last few years.

What a bizarrely sensible post for NSC. Well done that man.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Some bizarre comments on this thread.....

Apart from the new walkway from the train station, why is Millwall suddenly considered 'safe' and 'fine'? Has somebody recently waved a big magic wand over Bermondsey or something?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
As always, people have thier facts wrong on this website..........

Firstly Millwall is not Safe - no one has waived a magic wand, its still in a shitty bit of London and provided they get one decision go against them (a throwin perhaps), they will still want to rumble.

Ive seen them manage to start agro against about 20 rotherham fans when they got whooped 6 - 0 on the opening day while most of the millwall loons were still sunning themselves in Benedorm or Tenerife !

The Membership card scheme is only for category one games and no matter how big we think we are, were no match for Cardiff, West Ham or the other bigger clubs in the Championship. Expect Loons to be in attendance, provided they have been let out on day release or the DSS is closed.

Correct that they have a lovely caged walkway to South Bermondsy station for away fans - sometime the away fans go first, sometimes last so be prepared to wait !

Finally, i will be adding to the 800 or so who are going so far from the comfort of the main stand and players lounge courtesy of Brightons prodigal son who plays for them.

So if you see a big guy in the main stand getting the S**t kicked out of him when claridge notches against his old club, that will be me !

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going to Millwall, Wolves and QPR (and Ipswich on Saturday).

Whilst safety has improved over recent years, I still intend to keep my wits about me!

It's my first visit to The New Den and Molyneux and I seem to remember QPR having a little "Reception committee" (admittedly behind a police cordon) waiting for us after the game last year.

We are catching the train to Ipswich, Millwall and QPR. Driving to Wolves.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Kick Ass Minton said:
As always, people have thier facts wrong on this website..........

Firstly Millwall is not Safe - no one has waived a magic wand, its still in a shitty bit of London and provided they get one decision go against them (a throwin perhaps), they will still want to rumble.

Ive seen them manage to start agro against about 20 rotherham fans when they got whooped 6 - 0 on the opening day while most of the millwall loons were still sunning themselves in Benedorm or Tenerife !

The Membership card scheme is only for category one games and no matter how big we think we are, were no match for Cardiff, West Ham or the other bigger clubs in the Championship. Expect Loons to be in attendance, provided they have been let out on day release or the DSS is closed.

Correct that they have a lovely caged walkway to South Bermondsy station for away fans - sometime the away fans go first, sometimes last so be prepared to wait !

Finally, i will be adding to the 800 or so who are going so far from the comfort of the main stand and players lounge courtesy of Brightons prodigal son who plays for them.

So if you see a big guy in the main stand getting the S**t kicked out of him when claridge notches against his old club, that will be me !

So we can expect the same problems like the Birmingham play-off game then?

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
depends if they let us have both tiers and we get lots of unemployed northerners supporting us

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Richie Morris said:
Millwall had the least number of arrests at any league ground last season.

The New Den is like a fortress. No need to worry once you're inside.

It's getting to and from the ground that's the problem.....

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here