Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miller Bolanos

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why don't we have a punt on Conor Washington at Peterborough
Banging the goals in for fun and wouldn't cost half of what we are going to lash out on MB

We have tried the signing top league one striker in CMS and Baldock and neither have really worked out.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have tried the signing top league one striker in CMS and Baldock and neither have really worked out.

This, with knobs on...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Why don't we have a punt on Conor Washington at Peterborough
Banging the goals in for fun and wouldn't cost half of what we are going to lash out on MB

The Peterborough model is to create and score as many as possible then flog the next big striker for a song but never get promoted.

Said striker (CMS, McLean, Gayle, Assomobalonga) then struggles at next team as they don't put the ball on a plate 30 times a game and Boro laugh all the way to the bank.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Definitely leaving.....................double photoshoot today would be nice..........:albion2:

http://www.elcomercio.com/deportes/miller-bolanos-fuera-emelec-futbol.html

Ronald Ladines January 6, 2016 18:21 The transfer of Miller Bolanos is imminent. The player is not in Emelec for the tournament 2016. So the club president told Nassib Neme. "The player told me yesterday ye said he wants to leave. It's the second time you say it and to me that's final," Neme said when he was asked about the continuity of player. So far there is a proposal that meets the aspirations of club. It is rumored that there are clubs in England, Turkey and Mexico , who would be interested in having the services of the player who was the scorer of the 2015 Neme is patient and hopes that concrete transfer next week. That's why the player did not travel with his teammates for the start of training camp in Argentina. The Bolaños post will be filled by a foreigner. So Neme terminated the contract with Argentine Leonardo Rolon , who arrived in the middle of last season and played a few minutes with the Buenos Aires team. "We are looking for a player with similar characteristics to those of Bolaños," said the manager. That ruled out the return of Dennis Stracqualursi , who was in Emelec striker between 2012 and 2013.

Este contenido ha sido publicado originalmente por Diario EL COMERCIO en la siguiente dirección:
http://www.elcomercio.com/deportes/miller-bolanos-fuera-emelec-futbol.html. Si está pensando en hacer uso del mismo, por favor, cite la fuente y haga un enlace hacia la nota original de donde usted ha tomado este contenido. ElComercio.com

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A lot of Miller's goals on his vidz seem to be scored on the counter attack. I can't find many goals where he has been closely marked or where there has been a number of players around him. He scores some great goals from outside the box but would he have the time and space to do that in the Championship? As we are not set up as a counter attacking side, my preference would be for a striker in the mould of Ulloa, Austin or Calleri. Maybe he could flourish playing off Hemed or Zamora? It really comes down to how many goals he'd score. Hopefully he'll be a massive success should we get him.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This, with knobs on...

or Callum Wilson (Coventry), Jordan Rhodes(Huddersfield), Glenn Murray (er,), Charlie Austin (Swindon), Troy Deeney (Walsall) etc etc

All top or high performing strikers for L1 who then moved to the Champ and kept on scoring.
If CMS didn't work out or Baldock (jury out) then its simply amazing to then rule out looking at L1 for strikers or players EVER AGAIN.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
A lot of Miller's goals on his vidz seem to be scored on the counter attack. I can't find many goals where he has been closely marked or where there has been a number of players around him. He scores some great goals from outside the box but would he have the time and space to do that in the Championship? As we are not set up as a counter attacking side, my preference would be for a striker in the mould of Ulloa, Austin or Calleri. Maybe he could flourish playing off Hemed or Zamora? It really comes down to how many goals he'd score. Hopefully he'll be a massive success should we get him.

Some of the defending is a bit suspect but he has also scored goals against some top international sides, I don't think pace is his only attribute, he clearly possesses a ferocious shot too.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
or Callum Wilson (Coventry), Jordan Rhodes(Huddersfield), Glenn Murray (er,), Charlie Austin (Swindon), Troy Deeney (Walsall) etc etc

True, but none of those played for teams in the Peterborough mould who pretty much sacrifice everything for their strikers at the expense of getting results.

Truth is strikers from wherever you get them are gamble, whether you spend £500k or £7m. The important thing for the club to decide, is will BHA be able to make the most of the player coming in. Certainly with CMS we made it as difficult as possible for him by asking him to be a player he wasn't. I do however have greater faith in the people making the decisions now and that they will have conducted due diligence accordingly.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
So basically we shouldn't look at lower league strikers anymore and take a big punt on foreign players who have never experienced football in this country ?
I hope we do get MB but it seems a shame that we have some real gems playing a league below us

Also you forgot to mention BZ who couldn't even get in Bristol Rovers first team , another waste of money and time

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

All top or high performing strikers for L1 who then moved to the Champ and kept on scoring.
If CMS didn't work out or Baldock (jury out) then its simply amazing to then rule out looking at L1 for strikers or players EVER AGAIN.

Whilst you make your very point well, a more interesting example would be to name some strikers the size and strength of CMS & Baldock that have taken the step up? You've given us a list of big strong boys (other than Wilson).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Whilst you make your very point well, a more interesting example would be to name some strikers the size and strength of CMS & Baldock that have taken the step up? You've given us a list of big strong boys (other than Wilson).

Wilson is VERY strong (and quick)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

and 5ft 10 Danny Ings signed from L1 Bournemouth ...22 goals for Burnley in 13/14.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
and 5ft 10 Danny Ings signed from L1 Bournemouth ...22 goals for Burnley in 13/14.

That's better! I do, however, think your more likely to take the steps up the football league if you are a striker with the build of a Zamora, Woods, Murray. Austin, Rhodes. Players like Ulloa, Jonathan Kodjia & Chris Martin seem to thrive more in the Championship than players with the build of CMS, Baldock and Ings and must be viewed as less of a gamble.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Baldock, Holroyd, Hoskins without even thinking about it.

To be fair to Hoskins, he had a torrid time with his injuries - he looked class on the rare occasions he played (Cardiff, Newcastle etc) but we just didn't see him enough to see how he would fare long term.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wilson is VERY strong (and quick)

Is he? In the games that I have seen he has got brushed off the ball quite easily? Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad he's with us but I don't think he's a strong player in the physical sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here