image.png Wikipedia doesn't lie

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Baldock
CMS
Hemed
COG

Yep bloom should NEVER be questioned....

The jury is still out on both Baldock and Hemed. If we'd played to the strengths of CMS (2 upfront) and he hadn't got injured he might have been the prolific goal scorer we all anticipated!

That leaves just COG.......and you won't get any argument there!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does that include:-

Luis Suarez, Diego Forlan, Roque, Santa Cruz, Nolberto Solano, Ullises de la Cruz, Antonio Valencia, Javier Hernandez, Hugo Rodellaga, Juan Pablo Angel, Faustino Asprilla, Edu, Gilberto Silva, Juninho, Lucas Leiva, Anderson, Alex, Heurelho Gomes, Fabio Rochemback, Geovanni, David Luiz, Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Fabricio Collocini, Julio Arca, Maxi Rodriguez.

Gustavo Poyet?

Or Mauricio Taricco.

Or Sebastien Coates.

Seriously [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], you might have done your homework! :dunce:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Baldock
CMS
Hemed
COG

Yep bloom should NEVER be questioned....

Yep lets. He stopped to analyse the performance of the recruitment team he put in place post Gus and decided they hadn't done well enough hence he sacked them and returned more autonomy to the manager. I have faith that we've now got the winning formula. Of the following signings since these changes were made who have you been disappointed by?

Bong
Rosenior
Maeenpa (can't judge)
Harper
Wilson
Van La Parra
Hunemeir
Murphy (possibly the only one)
Hemed

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep lets. He stopped to analyse the performance of the recruitment team he put in place post Gus and decided they hadn't done well enough hence he sacked them and returned more autonomy to the manager. I have faith that we've now got the winning formula. Of the following signings since these changes were made who have you been disappointed by?

Bong
Rosenior
Maeenpa (can't judge)
Harper
Wilson
Van La Parra
Hunemeir
Hemed

Yup, this. Different team, different outcome.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Again worse goalscoring record for country than Valencia. .... Think I've made my point now though.

I personally think we would do better to unearth A promising youngster or two from the lower leagues/non league.

Not necessarily mutually exclusive - lower league player unlikely to be very expensive. Hambo (not lower leagues but DS) is supposedly to fit the model you suggest.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Bong
Rosenior
Maeenpa (can't judge)
Harper
Wilson
Van La Parra
Hunemeir
Hemed
Bong and rosenior are the only definite successes jury out on the rest .... But its early days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Or Sebastien Coates.

Seriously [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], you might have done your homework! :dunce:
Silly me, fancy making a sweeping genralisation without actually checking any facts.
Imagine being that stupid and not even a Grandad.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Bong
Rosenior
Maeenpa (can't judge)
Harper
Wilson
Van La Parra
Hunemeir
Hemed
Well done. You're disappointed by Murphy but not Harper. And Manu, who doesn't understand the offside rules, has been conveniently forgotten.
I largely agree with you but Murphy is a better player away from home and is an impact player who has suffered by the injury crisis.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Well done. You're disappointed by Murphy but not Harper. And Manu, who doesn't understand the offside rules, has been conveniently forgotten.
I largely agree with you but Murphy is a better player away from home and is an impact player who has suffered by the injury crisis.

Yep, fair to comment that I missed Manu but not 'conveniently' as you suggest. Rightly so I would put him on the not sure list too. Potentially Murphy has been dealt a poor hand by having to play more minutes than he might have otherwise and maybe I should have said can't judge about Harper too however glittering reports from the DS games suggest otherwise.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Or Sebastien Coates.

Not forgetting aguero either !!! .... I like the fact that Diego forlan is on the original list ?!?

To be fair, for the amount of footballers in south America it feels that there doesn't seem to be that many that have been successful in England in the last 10 years

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not forgetting aguero either !!! .... I like the fact that Diego forlan is on the original list ?!?

To be fair, for the amount of footballers in south America it feels that there doesn't seem to be that many that have been successful in England in the last 10 years
I would hazard a guess that's more to do with immigration and language than footballing ability.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Where on earth do WIKIPEDIA get this information from, before anyone else in the sporting world knows about it?

2nd point which may have been mentioned - 60 days is up on Jan 10th - so 1 week left for the bid to run

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports