Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miller Bolanos

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Its all opinions, conjecture, speculation,i love these threads but very few on here really know anything. I know nothing but our chairman indicated we would spend in this window. English based players are expensive. My choices would be McCormack from Fulham, Marshall, a winger, and both South Americans and Tex!!! No Change from £30M. Oh well back to the drawing board.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
True but bolanos is completely unproven and plays in the Ecuadorian league !!! And as I pointed out previously the only comparison point you have for bolanos is Valencia ; who; at 12 million was a complete and utter waste of money

6 goals in 12 international appearances for the country that currently tops the South American World Cup Qualifying Group. I don't call that unproven!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think my point is; how many south Americans actually make it in the English leagues? Do we really want to spend all that money on 1 player?

I could see it happening by the way I don't think it's that unrealistic if Brighton want to part with the $$$

Does that include:-

Luis Suarez, Diego Forlan, Roque, Santa Cruz, Nolberto Solano, Ullises de la Cruz, Antonio Valencia, Javier Hernandez, Hugo Rodellaga, Juan Pablo Angel, Faustino Asprilla, Edu, Gilberto Silva, Juninho, Lucas Leiva, Anderson, Alex, Heurelho Gomes, Fabio Rochemback, Geovanni, David Luiz, Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Fabricio Collocini, Julio Arca, Maxi Rodriguez.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
6 goals in 12 international appearances for the country that currently tops the South American World Cup Qualifying Group. I don't call that unproven!
Again worse goalscoring record for country than Valencia. .... Think I've made my point now though.

I personally think we would do better to unearth A promising youngster or two from the lower leagues/non league.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Does that include:-

Luis Suarez, Diego Forlan, Roque, Santa Cruz, Nolberto Solano, Ullises de la Cruz, Antonio Valencia, Javier Hernandez, Hugo Rodellaga, Juan Pablo Angel, Faustino Asprilla, Edu, Gilberto Silva, Juninho, Lucas Leiva, Anderson, Alex, Heurelho Gomes, Fabio Rochemback, Geovanni, David Luiz, Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano, Fabricio Collocini, Julio Arca, Maxi Rodriguez.

Gustavo Poyet?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Again worse goalscoring record for country than Valencia. .... Think I've made my point now though.

I personally think we would do better to unearth A promising youngster or two from the lower leagues/non league.

Who do you suggest?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
To me this story is more believable than calleri. Bear in mind that bolanos is very similar to enner Valencia at west ham who scores pretty much every time he plays for Ecuador.

Enner Valencia cost west ham 12 million. And has scored a grand total of 4 goals in over 30 appearances for the hammers and is generally considered a complete waste of money !!!

But Bolanos would be joining a championship team, not a premier league team. Can't compare the two really. Bolanos could set the championship alight with us and then take that momentum into the premiership with us. Think Valancia was thrown straight into the premiership without say learning English football at a slightly lower level first. Agree a bit of a gamble but one worth taking imo

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing

So all of our purchases should be based on how their compatriots have performed in England. If one Ecuadorean has performed badly then we should overlook all other nationals from the same country! There's no arguing with that kind of logic!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So all of our purchases should be based on how their compatriots have performed in England. If one Ecuadorean has performed badly then we should overlook all other nationals from the same country! There's no arguing with that kind of logic!
Agree with sentiment but this is a very very big signing for us for the kind of money that is being talked about. The risk appears too high IMO.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Agree with sentiment but this is a very very big signing for us for the kind of money that is being talked about. The risk appears too high IMO.

Lets leave the risk analysis to be undertaken by the multi millionaire/billionaire TB shall we he seems pretty good at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here