[Albion] Miller Bolanos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Cant see that happening Hughton rates Sam think he will go straight back in the side as he runs the channels and creates more space for the other strikers.

But, like Hemed, he's not much use when the time comes to hit a quadruped's backside with a four- or five-stringed musical instrument.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But, like Hemed, he's not much use when the time comes to hit a quadruped's backside with a four- or five-stringed musical instrument.

No but him being in the side can create more chances for the other strikers. If a team scores more goals when a player is in the team, they should play, regardless of whether it is they or other players who are actually scoring the goals (ex; Emile Heskey at his best in England's set up).

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No but him being in the side can create more chances for the other strikers. If a team scores more goals when a player is in the team, they should play, regardless of whether it is they or other players who are actually scoring the goals (ex; Emile Heskey at his best in England's set up).

...but not ahead of a player that can create chances AND score goals.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...but not ahead of a player that can create chances AND score goals.

Of course. At this level they usually cost around £10-15m I reckon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

This is so true. Call me old fashioned, but I like strikers who score goals AND contribute otherwise to the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did anyone really believe deep down that we were going to sign an expensive classy in demand forward??

It was fun speculating but let's now come down to earth and concentrate on signing the best strikers in League One or out of favour players from La Liga's lower reaches.

Or more loanees.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
This is so true. Call me old fashioned, but I like strikers who score goals AND contribute otherwise to the team.

I'd just take a striker that scores goals.
I'm not really into these strikers that don't score goals.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Have to agree with you there. 2.5m on at the time a good striker, no doubt top earner. Just wiah we could have seen him and FFS up top that year.

As long as Tony Bloom is there, Albion will always have it in them to come up with an off-the-wall signing.

My concern is, if top two is out of reach he won't see a massive signing as worth the gamble

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
As long as Tony Bloom is there, Albion will always have it in them to come up with an off-the-wall signing.

My concern is, if top two is out of reach he won't see a massive signing as worth the gamble
Half a season to catch up 4 points on Derby is not out of reach. I can't see is catching Boro - but even they will not win every game and they will drop points, so if we are scoring freely you never know. Well worth the gamble for this, but also worth it to keep in and win the play offs

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Half a season to catch up 4 points on Derby is not out of reach. I can't see is catching Boro - but even they will not win every game and they will drop points, so if we are scoring freely you never know. Well worth the gamble for this, but also worth it to keep in and win the play offs

I don't think we will catch Boro or Derby now. Their squads are too big and strong for them to have more than the occasional hiccup and I think that you can guarantee that they will strengthen this month too. We still have key players weeks if not months away from coming back and then they have to get up to speed. As things stand our forward line is woeful. However I would take us to beat any team in the division, on one off games, with most of our first choice players and a striker who is not out of his depth at the top of the Championship. Hopefully we can sign one as it would be a massive let down if we now drift away having been so good for half a season. Not making the playoffs would be very hard to take..for me anyway, Playoffs is the only way we are going up imo.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think we will catch Boro or Derby now. Their squads are too big and strong for them to have more than the occasional hiccup. We still have key players weeks if not months away from coming back and then they have to get up to speed. As things stand our forward line is woeful. However I would take us to beat any one in the division with most of our first choice players and a striker who is not out of his depth at the top of the Championship. Hopefully we can sign one and

Derby were top of the league November 2014, and failed to make the play offs. They have been far from spectacular in defense with even Leeds scoring against them twice this week. There is a lot of football to be played and don't forget they have a rookie manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports