Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Played golf at royal Eastbourne last week and a couple of spits came over and a mustang P-51

I didn’t even know there are any p51’s still flying

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Went up in a former RAF De Havilland Dragon Rapide, out of IWM Duxford, with my 11 year old son today. Quite simply, an amazing experience

D6101660-40EA-491A-B9FB-45F4985D14D5.jpeg

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That must have been an amazing experience.

It’s also quite striking how brown all the fields are at the moment

It was fantastic. The plane is from the1930s. A beautiful art deco piece of engineering that’s more window than fuselage! It makes you realise how, amongst other things, we’ve really ****ed up the experience of flying over the past 90 years!

The fields, to be fair, are all ripened wheat or barley (or already harvested) so you’d expect them to be that colour this time of year. But we flew over Cambridge and all the college quads were patches of brown dead grass when they should still be pretty green.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Played golf at royal Eastbourne last week and a couple of spits came over and a mustang P-51

I didn’t even know there are any p51’s still flying

https://www.warbirdflights.co.uk/mustangflights

Relatively costly but you can still go up in them as well as Spitfires, Hurricanes etc. I've seen a flight in a Messerschmitt Me109 somewhere too.
I absolutely must do an edge of space flight before I die, but a Mig-29 or U2 spy plane flight is upwards of £15k and regular folk like me just don't happen to have that kind of spare change down the back of the sofa.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The clouds have lifted now but visibility is still hazy.

Great afternoon on Eastbourne beach. The Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire trio magical with the white cliffs and Channel.
The Red Arrows were amazing. Seen them often since a boy but this was the best. Is there a reason? New planes, technology, my age, today's clear sky at Eastbourne ???

Today was only bettered 4 years back or so when I was on Seaford Head and a Vulcan flew along us at cliff height.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Great afternoon on Eastbourne beach. The Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire trio magical with the white cliffs and Channel.
The Red Arrows were amazing. Seen them often since a boy but this was the best. Is there a reason? New planes, technology, my age, today's clear sky at Eastbourne ???

Today was only bettered 4 years back or so when I was on Seaford Head and a Vulcan flew along us at cliff height.

I was up there too:

vulcan - 1.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here