Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mike Dean

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Looking at the table, the two guys at the bottom have only refereed two games each. As they are all now professional refs earning a full time wage those two seem to be taking it easy. Guess they must be running the line or fourth.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Agreed, this definitely happened and I’d be amazed if the same black mark has been put against Dean’s name in relation to BHAFC. Prosser didn’t ref us again for a few years and when he did I recall it was on a Tuesday night away to Preston with about 300 of us there. The FA will want to be seen to back their ref in such a high profile league so I wouldn’t be too surprised if we get him this season but I think it’ll only be once and it will definitely be away from home, probably somewhere up north.

I was at Preston that night - when PNE scored he went up to the scorer and shook his hand ..... I was ENRAGED !

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Best not get too excited. At the ten game mark Boro had 10 points and actually looked quite healthy going into Xmas. Once the new year kicked in they totally fell apart. Lets not count chickens just yet!

Of course you are right, but I think we can get a little excited after dismantling West Ham in the manner we did. Likewise, Boro haven't had a completely disastrous start and may well be sniffing around the play offs in due course. We're both the sort of teams that could swap seats at the top table over a number of years.
Ultimately though, we have more points, wins and goals in less games then Boro had in comparison. Combine that with our wonderful year last season, and I think we've been the winners, in the medium term at least.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Funny we have already had Oliver twice at the AMEX

I thought he was decent first time and rubbish the second. I know we won 3-0 but thought the ref for the West Ham game was very good.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Of course you are right, but I think we can get a little excited after dismantling West Ham in the manner we did. Likewise, Boro haven't had a completely disastrous start and may well be sniffing around the play offs in due course. We're both the sort of teams that could swap seats at the top table over a number of years.
Ultimately though, we have more points, wins and goals in less games then Boro had in comparison. Combine that with our wonderful year last season, and I think we've been the winners, in the medium term at least.

Dont get me wrong I agree and think we're actually much better off for that extra season in the Championship. Just don't think its healthy for some of our fans to be thinking we have survival cracked. We still ave a long way to go and will have some bumps along the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here