Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Dean Again!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do we actually know that the linesman wasn't the one who said it was in the area?

Surely Dean would have checked via his mic?

We can't know exactly, but watch his arms. He doesn't move them at all to indicate a penalty, or even a foul.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do we actually know that the linesman wasn't the one who said it was in the area?

Surely Dean would have checked via his mic?

Edit; FA guidelines.

If the foul is INSIDE the penalty area
- the assistant referee should raise the flag in the same hand that will be used for the remainder of the signal and agitate/wave the flag to indicate a foul has been committed
- the flag should NOT be placed across the chest.
- where available it is recommended that the electronic beep is used and/or the‘communication system’ is used to advise “penalty, penalty, penalty” following the signal for the foul the assistant referee should make a clear physical movement along the touchline towards the corner flag post keeping alert in case the referee does not see or over-rules the flag signal
- If the referee awards the penalty the assistant referee should stand just in front of the corner flag post until the situation is calm and only then move to the standard position

Read more at http://www.surreyfa.com/news/2014/jul/new-fa-guidelines-for-awarding-a-penalty#M6hDqsKDVVylZUHC.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Doesn't the linesman put his flag across his chest to indicate a penalty, if he believes it is on? He didn't indicate in any way, maybe because he is competent at his job.

Maybe Dean asked if the challenge was in the area over the mic on the basis that he himself had seen the handball . That meant linesman did not flag for penalty?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why did the linesman not indicate it was outside the box, he was in line with the incident and didn't flag for a penalty, he knew it wasn't, why didn't he tell Dean?

I bet he did, but The Complete And Utter Shyster is such an arrogant **** he more than likely thought the lino was wrong and decided to go with his own view.

Anyone can make a mistake but what I've just seen him do on the Channel 5 highlights is disgraceful.

The Barnsley defender complains at his utterly shithouse decision and Dean points at the lino implying he made the call. Then you see the replay and the lino actually had kept his flag down while Dean was FORTY YARDS behind play and wrongly blowing his whistle.

This nob should be reffing nothing games. He should be learning how to ref properly at the Abbey Stadium or Fratton Park, the useless tosser.

In the Leeds game the handball was obvioius but the ref should have gione to the assistant and asked if it was in or out of the area as he was directly in line as opposed to the ref being 40yds away due to a long clearance from rthe Leeds defence.

The whole incident is Bizaare? The Lino would / should be flagging vigorously if he's seen it - he clearly doesn't. Dean blows very early too - I'd say Dean gave it and Dean only. I'd also say there wasn't any communication between him and the Lino but he basically blames the Lino?! He should be going over there to have a 30 sec discussion as to whether the Lino thought it was inside or out - seems to me the Lino didn't even think it was handball. Very, very ODD!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't wait for Dean to be announced as reffing Huddersfield v Albion. :nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son told me he is doing our game v Newcastle not sure if that is true but what I dont understand is if he is considered niot good enough fior the Premier why nis he good enough for the Championship. He is either capable or not no half measures demotion from Premier should mean a suspension fora few weeks to rethink his ideas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Son told me he is doing our game v Newcastle not sure if that is true but what I dont understand is if he is considered niot good enough fior the Premier why nis he good enough for the Championship. He is either capable or not no half measures demotion from Premier should mean a suspension fora few weeks to rethink his ideas.
The ref for Albion v Newcastle won't have been decided yet !

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills

Refs are not announced till the week before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

He'd better bloody not be! [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here