Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Bamber's club

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
Looks like we've solved the puzzle.

Thank you everyone (and sorry for posting the same message twice an hour or so ago - durrggghhh!). Your help is much appreciated.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hiney and I exchanged emails about this a couple of weeks ago and he wasn't sure either.

Jem, I remember reading your piece. He had a hard-rap from many fans, did Bamber, unfairly in my opinion. He was the man who dared to dream, bringing Brian Clough and Peter Taylor to the Goldstone as a real statement of intent in 1973. Until that point BHA had been nothing but a footballing backwater. Life would never be quite the same again - I'm not saying we're a Man United or Liverpool, but from the moment Bamber took over we've never been a Bury or a Hartlepool either (which is exactly what we were back then). The post FA Cup 'Where's the money gone?' issue soured things, but there's an undeniable thread linking Bamber to where we are today. After all, if it hadn't been for all the interest drummed up by the teams of 1975 to 1983, then you could argue the fanbase wouldn't have been around to save the club in the nineties laying the foundations for today. And, lest we forget, Harry Bloom was Bamber's right hand man throughout most of that time as Albion's vice-chairman.

Deano, you absolutely sure about the Ringmer Inn?

Certainly was a bold move to ditch GOSBTS for Gonna Fly Now (Rocky) and swopping the stripes for a blue shirt.
I agree with the above but was that a step too far.
I seem to remember a peice in nearly every progamme about building a new stadium during his time.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
There was a Jimmy Jones video filmed there . Kin ell

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here