[NSC] Migration to Xenforo

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Believe it or not, and many probably don't, but the migration of NSC to Xenforo is finally underway.

I don't have a timeline yet, but the Xenforo license has been procured and the chap who is an expert at vBulletin -> Xenforo migrations is now commenting work on a test migration. All very exciting!

I'll provide progress updates as and when I have something to share.

A brief summary of what this will mean...

- NSC's look and feel will change. If you are a member of any attractive-looking Xenforo forums and/or use any that have good/fun features, please let me know so I can look to shamelessly copy.

- NSC will be fully mobile-responsive. At long last. This means...

- Tapatalk will be going away. No more "Sent from my FW-D986H using Tapatalk" - rejoice!

- You will continue to login with the same username and password. However, I'm anticipating a lot of people who remain permanently logged in, will not know their password, and some of these people will find the email address registered on here is old meaning they can't get a password reset. It would be very helpful if people were able to sort this out sooner rather than later to save me having to help out a lot of people all around the time of the migration. You can do that here > https://www.northstandchat.com/profile.php?do=editpassword If you get stuck, drop me a line and I'll get your sorted out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As is traditional I hope that post counts and join dates are going to be reset.

In fact, I demand it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought this went on a few weeks ago?

second most important thing, will the good smilies stay?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Change?

IJnxZ3w.gif

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Since this announcement is anyone else finding NSC totally unusable? can't login? load times are impossibly long?
......or is it just me on my Commodore 64?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As a former global change manager, I would have expected a change ticket, setting out change plans, versification plans and blackout plans, change window dates and full approval by the change board after presentation and discussion.

There again, I have retired so WTF do I care.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Tapatalk will be going away. No more "Sent from my FW-D986H using Tapatalk" - rejoice!

:clap::clap::clap:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
This past week I've found I've had to log in every time I access the site. Before then it always remembered my details. Any connection, or is it I sometimes log in with a UK IP address via a VPN?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This past week I've found I've had to log in every time I access the site. Before then it always remembered my details. Any connection, or is it I sometimes log in with a UK IP address via a VPN?

I have have had the same problem

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
This is fantastic news!

Xenforo is incredible forum software.

Will be easier to post gifs, images, embedded videos and the like, avatars will look better, an easy to create even more cooler smilies, easier and funner to react to someone's post(Can give them a like, a laugh, etc), will run faster, etc.

Everyone will enjoy it I think.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A place where nobody dared to go
The love that we came to know
They call it Xenforo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports