Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MIDLANDS GULL - Derby think they will walk it!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
BHA have scored more goals in the last 15 minutes of anyone in the division. Don't leave before the end...
Have we? Well maybe it's the fans leaving that leads to the goals. Everybody out I say.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
This actually reminds me more of Millwall against us in 91. They thought we would be a walk in the park, and then got spanked. We haven't been thrashed by anyone this year, haven't thrashed anyone (bar Leicester & Charlton). They will be two tight games and could go either way

Very. Much. The way we got there too makes me feel like '91 all over again. Looking forward to the final!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This actually reminds me more of Millwall against us in 91. They thought we would be a walk in the park, and then got spanked. We haven't been thrashed by anyone this year, haven't thrashed anyone (bar Leicester & Charlton). They will be two tight games and could go either way

Exactly this.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im more positive about our chances this time around than i was last season when we were probably favs to go up , what will be will be .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Where are all these supremely confident Derby fans? I'm a Rams fan who lives in Derby and a member of dcfcfans forum. I can't find them?

We're confident as we are for every game. We believe we can score goals (top scorers) and we do best against the less physical sides (like you) who try to outplay us. We're 3rd

Arrogant? Not at all. We've had 5/6 years traveling to Barnsley and such hoping we steal a draw. That was after we got slaughtered in the Premiership and broke records for being shite. We know disappointment. We're wary.

They're probably in the same place as all those mythical BHA fans last year, who, if our palace friends are to be believed, assumed that we just had to turn up to the 2nd leg and had already booked their train tickets etc. to Wembley. It was a load of bollocks; we all knew that at 0-0 the tie could go either way.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Have we? Well maybe it's the fans leaving that leads to the goals. Everybody out I say.

Kevin on my right has left early pretty much every game this season, sometimes before the half time whistle and will often miss the first five minutes of the second half.

He has missed:

Millwall (late equaliser)
Sheffield Wednesday (late equaliser)
Bournemouth (late equaliser)
Charlton (missed Ulloa's in the 43rd minute and then JFC's in the 90th)

Our lucky charm :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Kevin on my right has left early pretty much every game this season, sometimes before the half time whistle and will often miss the first five minutes of the second half.

He has missed:

If he looks like staying, kick him out.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Guys, relax, we'll be fine. The second leg is on my birthday, and there's no way the gods of football would screw me over so royally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Guys, relax, we'll be fine. The second leg is on my birthday, and there's no way the gods of football would screw me over so royally.
Don't be so sure. The football gods have a ****ed up sense of humour, as they showed again on Saturday. Honestly, who does a pitch invasion to celebrate being pipped to the post?

FriendlyRam

May 4, 2014
At least if we lose to you, it won't ruin my summer like it did last year.
Can you imagine if it was you that had been beaten by Forest and you had nearly 3 months 'til your next game?

It was bloody horrible mate

I bet mate. That had us all nervous earlier in the season when it looked like those muppets were going to join us in the Play Offs. For clubs like us who will never win anything major all we have is these little things to boast about.

I imagine Palace fans like to mention it occasionally?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He has missed:

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has a similarly magical record of missing goals.

If we find ourselves desperately needing a goal, we'll get someone to do a tannoy announcement requesting that "Kevin & Bozza please make their way to the nearest bar, where a freshly poured pint awaits you".

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We're in the same position that Palace were last year , unfancied over two legs against a superior team.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, I'm off on holiday on the day of the final.- That alone guarantees we'll beat Derby :whistle:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] has a similarly magical record of missing goals.

If we find ourselves desperately needing a goal, we'll get someone to do a tannoy announcement requesting that "Kevin & Bozza please make their way to the nearest bar, where a freshly poured pint awaits you".

Excellent idea :thumbsup: NSC can collectively lay on chauffeur driven limousines with champagne on ice, nibbles etc to take them straight home if being on the concourse hasn't done the trick.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Personally I make us the favourites.

We are on a great unbeaten run, have some key players back in the team, don't concede very many (unlike Derby) and, quite frankly, are a better side than them.

A good performance in front of goal on Thursday, and we could have one foot on Wembley turf.

We will create plenty of chances this week (unless we play badly) we just need to stick em in the net!!!

Ummm, they comfortably finished 3rd and we scraped into the play offs with an injury time goal plus they beat us twice so how exactly are we a better team than them?

Also whilst we are on good form, it's not as good as theirs

vy2erede.jpg

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
Like other Derby posters, I think the OP must have been on a wind-up. I don't get any feelings of over-confidence or arrogance from the majority of Derby fans. I think we've just got confidence that, win or lose, the team will give 100% and battle all the way, like they have pretty much the whole season. We had a faint sniff of automatic promotion around Christmas, but after that Leicester just powered away and Burnley stayed annoyingly consistent, so a PO place has been the realistic target since then really and finishing third was always the best we could hope for. I don't therefore feel we're under any more pressure than yourselves - both sets of fans possibly thought at the start of the season that a PO place would be the very most we could hope for and we've made it.

The fact that we're both similar in terms of passing and possession stats shows how we like to play and it could be a fascinating contest for the neutrals. I'll be very surprised if there's more than a goal in it after 180 minutes. Unlike the bookies, I wouldn't call either of us favourites, because in a KO competition it's very open and there's not much between the teams : you with the better defence, us with possibly the more potent attack. One things for sure, if it goes to penalties, we're stuffed because we've missed more than we've scored this season. For that reason, I hope there is a clear winner.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
One things for sure, if it goes to penalties, we're stuffed because we've missed more than we've scored this season. For that reason, I hope there is a clear winner.

Blimey! You get penalties?
It's been so long since we had one of those I've forgotten what they look like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here