Midfielder Bid Made by Notts Forest.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
In the Sun this morning Nottingham Forest make a £400,000 plus player bid for Scunthorpe Midfielder Martyn Woolford .

The thing that caught my attention though is that the make weight in the deal is one Joel Lynch.

Grass is Always Greener came to mind!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the Sun this morning Nottingham Forest make a £400,000 plus player bid for Scunthorpe Midfielder Martyn Woolford .

The thing that caught my attention though is that the make weight in the deal is one Joel Lynch.

Grass is Always Greener came to mind!

Would not come as a surprise if he went. Scunny were keen on McNulty and need a regular left-sided defender.

A move could do Lynch good. A very talented player.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I always thought Lynch could go a lot higher than he has done so far. But a move away from Forest is going help him get back on track.

Could anyone else see him as a back up in our current squad? ???

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I always thought Lynch could go a lot higher than he has done so far. But a move away from Forest is going help him get back on track.

Could anyone else see him as a back up in our current squad? ???

the fact that he was a centre back that could play football would have endeared him massively to poyet i think - just a shame adams f***ed it up by insisting on playing his lovechild hawkins

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm always baffled by the Lynch debate (I suppose its because its a debate and I agree with my side).

Lynch was good but nowhere near as good as people think. For a start, yes has was composed and relaxed on the ball but repeatedly made suicidal backpasses to play people into trouble and was plagued by laziness on the pitch.

Also, he was a horrid, horrid left back.

Its seems so obvious as to why he never made it at Forest. Its because he is not gifted with the sense a Championship defender needs.

Also, how do you think he'd feel playing second fiddle to Greer, Elphick and El-Abd? Toys out of the pram again?

Admittedly, I thought Adams' treatment of him was embarassing. Just as he and Elphick started to look like a partnership he broke it up. However, I think thought of Lynch are rose tinted views of what might have been as opposed to what he actually did.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No concentration is his biggest problem. Could look brilliant for 89 mins but nearly always had brain freeze for one minute a game which often cost a goal.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
No concentration is his biggest problem. Could look brilliant for 89 mins but nearly always had brain freeze for one minute a game which often cost a goal.

Yeah but think what we were saying of El-Abd a couple of years ago. If Lynch had had a similar progression and the right coaching he could have been brilliant.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I always liked Lynch, he seemed to have great potential. Forest fans I know reckon he's awful though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yeah but think what we were saying of El-Abd a couple of years ago. If Lynch had had a similar progression and the right coaching he could have been brilliant.

Yeah but El Abd has always been a player who gave you his all. Lynch appears to think he is rather special, not sure Gus would have the patience to bother with him

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yeah but El Abd has always been a player who gave you his all. Lynch appears to think he is rather special, not sure Gus would have the patience to bother with him

I just think its easier to improve concentration then actually turn someone from shit to quality!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I just think its easier to improve concentration then actually turn someone from shit to quality!

I never thought El Abd was shit tbh, just a bit reckless and often played out of position as a full back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Is correct.

I remember his howler against Forest on a Friday before Christmas where he looked like someone new to defending.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I went on a bit of a tour around Forest last week and was told he has struggled with a back injury for a while now, every time he gets back into contention his back goes again. Was told it was highly likely he would be leaving on loan in the near future.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If my memory serves me correctly, Lynch was injured in pre-season and Elphick/Hawkins started the season. He then threw his toys out of the pram when he was not given a place in the team, despite no-one doing anything worthy of being dropped.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
That really was an horrendous decision. Who started that off?
Think it was Wilkins.

Adams possibly trumped that by playing Virgo in the holding role a year or two later..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've moved on. As far as Poyet is concerned he might as well be Bet Lynch...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports