Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough's goals analysed

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
View attachment 59473

Both boro goals on Saturday came down the flanks where both of our full backs(wing backs) went missing where we were on the attack,both attacks broke down Calderon out of position for the first goal Greer gets dragged over Dunk isolated at back on his own
Second goal the same down other flank Bennett too high up pitch boro attack down flank dunk gets dragged over this time and Greer left isolated
Sorry sammi but it's not working, change our shape and formation and he may keep his job

My Gary Neville analysis is done :)

Must be a right pain now watching your TV with circles and names all over the screen.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Any top coach watching the Albion play at home will easily see how to stop them when the goalie has the ball. For 4 seasons now the plan has been to throw or kick it to Greer who is suppossed to play it forward but he takes far too long in releasing it and hardly ever plays a long ball over the top. Sat. he's holding onto the ball too long caused all the problems leading to the goal, if you look just after the ball is lost you will see Dunk playing everyone onside, he's in that position because 9 out of 10 times he has to be deep because Greer will be looking to play a square ball. Teams now are pushing up on our c/bs when the goalie has the ball or closing them down quickly, the goalie and the c/bs are too slow in releasing the ball.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Any top coach watching the Albion play at home will easily see how to stop them when the goalie has the ball. For 4 seasons now the plan has been to throw or kick it to Greer who is suppossed to play it forward but he takes far too long in releasing it and hardly ever plays a long ball over the top. Sat. he's holding onto the ball too long caused all the problems leading to the goal, if you look just after the ball is lost you will see Dunk playing everyone onside, he's in that position because 9 out of 10 times he has to be deep because Greer will be looking to play a square ball. Teams now are pushing up on our c/bs when the goalie has the ball or closing them down quickly, the goalie and the c/bs are too slow in releasing the ball.

Anyone that knows anything about football could see how to beat us at home. I'm surprised that more teams haven't attacked us down the wings and scored a hatful. Playing the full backs so far up is proving very costly and unwise.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I have tried to understand the thinking behind the full-backs being ahead of the midfield. But failed. Can anyone explain?
It doesn't really work unless playing 3 cbs. Thats my thinking anyhow.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Not sure you can blame the full back for the first goal, Greer was in possesion and gave it away cheaply.
The second was just a joke. There is no way that their centre back after blocking a cross should be allowed to run the length of the pitch and supply an assist with only O'Grady trotting back after him. Utterly Shambolic.
O'Grady wasn't trotting. He was genuinely running as fast as he could (very slow) and utterly blowing out of his arse after about 30 yards.

And he had been on the pitch 8mins I think

One of the most shambolic things I've seen watching professional football. And I've followed the Albion through some pretty shot times!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here