Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough pitch invasion

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Which actually means our fans not my younger son so how on earth can you now interpret he would have larged it at the Amex if the roles were reversed bearing in mind we are WSU and would not even be able to invade the pitch, just to clarify one of you cohorts called him a prick when when he was 15 so do carry on with this personal attack.

And please refrain from ensuring you have to ban yourself by call me a ****ing prick again.

Would you like some salt and vinegar with that chip

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yesterday all I was hacked off about ( other than the result ) was Ramirez' scummy behaviour knocking the card out of the ref's hand.

Today I've read so much from Middlesbrough fans defending the indefensible over the red card, patting us on the head for the playoffs, and now I see that video of the abuse our players got on the pitch.

Words fail me. It's an ugly side to football and human nature we've seen this weekend.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Says it all.
Whatever anyone says about Derby, their pitch invasion after the play off was good humoured. Boro's fans on the pitch ( not their fans generally ) all behaved like scumbags.

Humm, mixed I'd say at Derby. Plenty applauded us at the end but then I seem to remember some of our players almost having to fight their way through to us to applaud our support.

Let's face it, pitch invasions will nearly always have a fair percentage of knobs involved, as well as plenty of decent fans too. It's not often you're going to get a mutual love in like we had at Meadow Lane when we were already up as Champions and they stayed up on that day as a result of the draw.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Humm, mixed I'd say at Derby. Plenty applauded us at the end but then I seem to remember some of our players almost having to fight their way through to us to applaud our support..

That wasn't even a remote option yesterday. The players were immediately swamped before they could even start for the tunnel. Have to say, I was concerned for their safety.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Humm, mixed I'd say at Derby. Plenty applauded us at the end but then I seem to remember some of our players almost having to fight their way through to us to applaud our support.

Let's face it, pitch invasions will nearly always have a fair percentage of knobs involved, as well as plenty of decent fans too. It's not often you're going to get a mutual love in like we had at Meadow Lane when we were already up as Champions and they stayed up on that day as a result of the draw.

At least our players were able to get to us at Derby. Not one of them was able to applaud the fans yesterday. We were hard put to spot them in the mass, despite their volt shirts.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A very odd thread. My interpretation of "we" is Brighton fans in total.

Not that am I'm going to get into an argument about semantics, but it's quite obvious Beach Hut and his son are not goading fans.

Quite an enlightened comment for a youngster.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At least our players were able to get to us at Derby. Not one of them was able to applaud the fans yesterday. We were hard put to spot them in the mass, despite their volt shirts.

Fair enough.

I wasn't there yesterday, unfortunately, so can't comment on what happened at 'Boro. I only watched a stream of the game and turned that off pretty much as soon as the final whistle blew.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Chatting to some 40-50 something year olds at the station and they hate the younger fans as they just want to cause trouble. They also would love our manager as they don't like their own one.

Your either talking shite or talking to geordies, mackems, most likley making shite up. Why would any Boro fan not like karanka, he has taken us from relegation to promotion. We where going down when he arrived, kept us up, made the play off final the next year and then promoted. Every Boro fan i seen was bouncing 2 hours after the final whistle and 99% stayed for nearly a hour after the final whistle. We were like you this year, nearly relegated and then in the playoffs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your either talking shite or talking to geordies, mackems, most likley making shite up. Why would any Boro fan not like karanka, he has taken us from relegation to promotion. We where going down when he arrived, kept us up, made the play off final the next year and then promoted. Every Boro fan i seen was bouncing 2 hours after the final whistle and 99% stayed for nearly a hour after the final whistle. We were like you this year, nearly relegated and then in the playoffs.

I know two Boro fans living in Kent, who don't like him.

Loads of your fans left the stadium soon after, so your wild estimate of 99% in the stadium is wrong.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
I know two Boro fans living in Kent, who don't like him.

Loads of your fans left the stadium soon after, so your wild estimate of 99% in the stadium is wrong.

I know about 1000's boro fans who live in boro, and they don't!!! Loads, what maybe 10% max to get into the pubs first, what 3000 out of 31500. Nearly all brighton fans had left to know how many were still in the stadium, when the trophy was presented (not that there should be a runners up trophy) there was even boro fans in the away end and about 30 brighton fans left.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Says it all.
Whatever anyone says about Derby, their pitch invasion after the play off was good humoured. Boro's fans on the pitch ( not their fans generally ) all behaved like scumbags.

I saw a fair few Derby fans getting RIGHT in our players shattered faces that night. I felt for them, as I did for the current team on Saturday afternoon. They deserve enormous credit for staying in control in the face of that sort of thing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know about 1000's boro fans who live in boro, and they don't!!! Loads, what maybe 10% max to get into the pubs first, what 3000 out of 31500. Nearly all brighton fans had left to know how many were still in the stadium, when the trophy was presented (not that there should be a runners up trophy) there was even boro fans in the away end and about 30 brighton fans left.

look mate.....you reckon you've had bad decisions against you this year , well so have we......so i dare say that if the majority of the 2800 Albion faithful didn't stay around to watch you get your trophy it could have been down to the fact that they just didn't want to ....what do you reckon....?? before the game i posted words to the effect of may the best team on the day win and hopefully the game will not be decided by a refereeing howler....well , if you think the majority of our fans weren't thoroughly gutted after the game you must be on a different planet.....good luck next season , you are a great club with pedigree , passionate fans and you have a fantastic chairman in Gibson.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
look mate.....you reckon you've had bad decisions against you this year , well so have we......so i dare say that if the majority of the 2800 Albion faithful didn't stay around to watch you get your trophy it could have been down to the fact that they just didn't want to ....what do you reckon....?? before the game i posted words to the effect of may the best team on the day win and hopefully the game will not be decided by a refereeing howler....well , if you think the majority of our fans weren't thoroughly gutted after the game you must be on a different planet.....good luck next season , you are a great club with pedigree , passionate fans and you have a fantastic chairman in Gibson.

Nice words, I believe your fans should of been able to clap your players as Brentford fans did after the play off semi final and pitch invasion. Sadly most had left. I see stockdale tried to plead with the stewards too when i watched the game today on the telly. Good luck in the play offs.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i watched the game today on the telly..

unlike you i missed the TV experience,i had to suffer your dump....did TV show all the boro youngsters/planks comically offering the Brighton fans to join them on the pitch for a scrap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here