Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough - gate / tv revenue?

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
anyone know what the situation is regarding how much money the club can expect to get from this match?

I think ( ? ) it's a 45% split each way with 10% going to the league. Can't see us geting too rich though. I expect Boro. fans are probably as excited about the draw as we are?? :nono: :shootself Many games from the riverside last year that were televised, always showed plenty of red seats with no bums attached, so I suspect we won't have to fret over going into a ballot for this one.... :rolleyes:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
No idea but as DK said he's budgeted for all the cash already so the Boro & QPR cash is a bonus and should go on players, starting with Leon Knight.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Got to remember though that Boro are one of the best teams to draw in this competition as they always take it seriously and will put out a full strength team. If that is the case again this season then at least there should be a half decent crowd, and at £22 a pop that could get us a decent bit of dosh.:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I had a look at their website. They didn't get a cup draw at home at all last season.
The season before they got good gates on a Saturday 28000 + but when they played Northampton at home in the cup the gate was 7000.

Hopefully they'll turn out for this one

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Yorkie said:
when they played Northampton at home in the cup the gate was 7000.

Hopefully they'll turn out for this one

We are much bigger and better than Northampton. We will take more fans, and more will turn up from Boro.
Up the Albion!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i can't wait............if i can go!

juninho is a genius. please say he plays!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
TSeagull said:
We are much bigger and better than Northampton. We will take more fans, and more will turn up from Boro.
Up the Albion!

More will turn up from us certainly. I was talking to a Boro fan today at church (he travels home on a Saturday to watch matches) and they don't get good midweek turnouts.

All midweek matches are still full price, so they wait to go to a Saturday match.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Suspect that the crowd will be 9000 tops. I remember 'Boro playing Man U in the FA Cup recently and there were loads of empty seats, so we can't expect much of a turnout from the locals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here