Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough fans banned for life for ripping up Koran

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
We fought the Nazis because they tried to take over Europe---the religion stuff didn't affect our decision to fight them.
Creaky-----once again you worry me:facepalm:

Read again what I posted - I didn't say that the persecution of the Jews was the reason we were fighting - I stated the simple fact that we fought a regime that persecuted a religious minority.

Ironic isn't it that the sacrifices my father's generation made could be used to justify the current generation doing the same.

Think I'll change my signature to "Creaky, once again you worry me" - has a certain ring about it :cheers:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The first word is, of-course, God. And the national anthem was written at a time (1745), again, when the church and the state were effectively one and the same thing, and the common man was not allowed to vote. The term 'Christian Country' was, as is now (but even more so), a subjugating political term. More evidence-the second verse:

O Lord our God arise,
Scatter her enemies,
And make them fall:
Confound their politics...

The assumption being that God's political ideals reflected those of the ruling masses...

You think?

So when Churchill referred to the survival of Christian civilisation in his Battle of Britain speech a mere 70 years ago people listening would have thought........f*** that, I'm not fighting the Germans, I'm already subjugated?

The context for you.......

What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilisation. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

What do you think he meant by institutions?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You think?

So when Churchill referred to the survival of Christian civilisation in his Battle of Britain speech a mere 70 years ago people listening would have thought........f*** that, I'm not fighting the Germans, I'm already subjugated?

What General Weygand has called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilisation. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire. The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be freed and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

This track rings true with me.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Here's the thing ...... On the whole Muslims are tolerant of most religions they see as respectful to God, so Jesus is and Christianity is ok and so is all the other religions that believe in Allah.

They won't let you go around converting Muslims to Christians but they will let you have your own church etc.

So the fundamentalists proclaiming Islam is the only religion are wrong and they are only inciting hatred to gain political advantage just like the tossers ripping up the Quran.

It doesn't help that Britain has become the most politically retarded nation on earth.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We don't have to put up with it - did you not watch the clip - at the time of filming 5 men had already been arrested for harassment!

Why not racial hatred after all that's what's it is all about? How many of those 5 appeared in court? I bet none.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You think?

It may be easier for me to understand where you are coming from if I asked you what you believe, from your personal point of view, the term 'Christian Country' means ?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
We don't have to put up with it - did you not watch the clip - at the time of filming 5 men had already been arrested for harassment!

Cool go for a walk around parts of Bradford then and see if YOU don't have to put up with harassment.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's an extreme form of hatred, it does not matter which religion it's target there should be no place for it in football!
You honestly don't think if a group of Muslims did it to a bible the same thing would not happen?

Well I don't in fact, the Club would be too frightened to ban Muslims for fear of being accused of racism toward them. The country's gone bonkers.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here