Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Microwave recommendations

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yes another vote here for a cheap one. Bought a Kenwood 900w one and has been going strong for 5 years. The fancy ones all seen to have 20 settings you will never use.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’ve never seen the point of a microwave. Consequently I’ve never owned one and don’t see any need. This is my recommendation.

Same. Not a fan of stuff on worktops so microwave is a big no. Current Mrs couldn’t believe it when she moved in as she used hers pretty much daily but after 4 years has survived.

That said can see benefit for older folk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Same. Not a fan of stuff on worktops so microwave is a big no. Current Mrs couldn’t believe it when she moved in as she used hers pretty much daily but after 4 years has survived.

That said can see benefit for older folk

Mrs pointed out they’re useful for staff rooms, which I get. But at home, if something needs warming up I put it in a saucepan or in the oven.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I entirely agree you only need a cheapo and that most extra features are pointless.
Accepting everything in my gaff gets abused and not liking the semi disposable dynamic I bought a light commercial microwave (buffalo). No turntable, no buttons, no power settings, no display - just a timer dial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here