Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mickey Mouse Cup Result: Lucky Palace 2-1 Liverpool Reserves

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well done Palace, you took it on the chin last Tuesday, so credit where credit is due.

Is it true that admission prices were lower for playing the European Champions than the side that was bottom of the Coca Cola Championship last week though?

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
El Presidente said:
Well done Palace, you took it on the chin last Tuesday, so credit where credit is due.

Is it true that admission prices were lower for playing the European Champions than the side that was bottom of the Coca Cola Championship last week though?

Excellent point.

I await with interest the next Simon Jordan Observer-sanctioned hissy-fit-in-print stroppily strewn at you, yes YOU, El Presidente, for daring to suggest his policies are anything other than those of a man who is the sadly-ungloried (in-his-own-lifetime) only messiah of our national sport...

For shame, for shame...

(And I bet he'll bloody well f***ing bull-Christingly flippin'-eck mean it, the straight-talking geez that he is...)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
eagleseatseagulls said:
Liverpool reaction:

Just back from the pub, decided rather than going straight to bed i would log on and sample the mood. On the way home in the car i opened down the window to let some cold air in to freshen me up. Clear my head a bit.

I arrive in the door my old man ask me what the score was. 2-1, i said and no more. He knew immediately that we had lost by the tone of my voice. I press the button on the PC to get it going. As it loaded up, i felt a tear roll down my cheek.

Today i changed my wallpaper on the computer, i now have a picture of the world famous Paisley gates at Anfield. These gates in-case any of you don't know, are dedicated to a man who won no less than 3 European cups. He also won 3 league cups, not to mention his many league titles and other awards.

What would he say if he saw us now.

:lolol: :lolol:

''WE BEAT THE SCOUSERS 4-3!!!!!'' :drink:

Brighton have a habit of knocking Liverpool out of cup competitions too.

:clap2:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
El Presidente said:

I agree with that sentiment.

I heard the ticket prices were around the same mark - £30.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
smaller turnout aswell , can't really blame them though , like they can beat Liverpoo...oh :jester:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Well done Palace, for a championship side to beat a side like Liverpool is a great result. Credit where it's due and all that.

Did the scousers play a full strength side or the usual reserve team outing for Carling cup games? Were Palace full strength as well?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
El Presidente said:

:clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: What a team we are bouncing back after our torrid 90 mins last Tuesday. Eaaagggggllllleeessssssssssss.:bowdown: Sir Dowie.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Kent Seagull said:
Well done Palace, for a championship side to beat a side like Liverpool is a great result. Credit where it's due and all that.

Did the scousers play a full strength side or the usual reserve team outing for Carling cup games? Were Palace full strength as well?
They had the likes of Hypia Crouch Gerrard Morientes and Warnock in the squad and after 75 minutes Garcia,Sinama came on. We had a weaker back four than the norm and put fringe players on after 75 Mins Andrews for Reich, Black and Togwell came on for Freedman and Morrison so all in all a tremendous performance.

Last edited:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Croydonbloke said:
They had the likes of Hypia Crouch Gerrard Morientes and Warnock in the squad and after 75 minutes Garcia,Sinama came on. We had a weaker back four than the norm and put fringe players on after 75 Mins Andrews for Reich, Black and Togwell came on for Freedman and Morrison so all in all a tremendous performance.

Cannot argue with that. Well played.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Nicely done, always nice for a Championship side to knock out a Premiershite one, even it is Palace that did it !

So does this mean that Palace can raise their game when playing Liverpool, but not when playing Brighton? Maybe Palace are going soft on us, or is it that the players simply don't know what it means when we play eachother?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Wanderer said:
Nicely done, always nice for a Championship side to knock out a Premiershite one, even it is Palace that did it !

or is it that the players simply don't know what it means when we play eachother?
Spot on. They bloody well will in Nov.:angry:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Spicy said:
I agree with that sentiment.

I heard the ticket prices were around the same mark - £30.
They were which is why I didn`t go. Too much on top of £30 THE WEEK BEFORE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here