dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sacked twice?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gary Megsons without a club at the moment isn't he?

That said, I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy, let alone Swansea, who seem to be a great club

Oh I don't know. Pulis to The Swans; & Smeggie to The Jestermen has a nice ring to it. :thumbsup:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
After finishing 9th and winning a trophy last year the board probably expected some improvement this year, yes they're currently 12th but that's only 2 points and a bad run of form outside the drop zone. Even though I don't really agree with his dismissal I can understand why it was done.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Has anyone poohed anywhere yet?

Jimmy Grimble

I thought some of his recent interviews were a little odd.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
They were saying on football weekly the other day that Laudrup has suffered a bad case of second season syndrome in all his other managerial jobs.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
This can only be because he wouldn't commit himself to another year and/or wouldn't accept the club messing around with his coaching team. Quite right if Laudrup was upset at the latter. The manager should decide who his coaches are, not the board.

Laudrup's done a great job at Swansea. Arguably the club's best ever manager. During his time in charge they have won the League Cup final at Wembley, they have won matches at Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Emirates and Old Trafford, they have made the knockout stages of a European competition, defeating Valencia 3-0 along the way and they are currently in the 5th round of the FA Cup having beaten Manchester United away less than a month ago.

I know they are only a couple of points above the drop zone at the moment, but to my mind, there's no real danger of them going down. There's plenty of dross below them and in fact, I think they could end up in the top half by the end of the season. Or they could have had they hung on to Laudrup. The main reason their form had dipped a bit was because Michu has been injured quite a bit this season. They haven't managed to get Michu and Bony on the same pitch together often. When they do, they will score plenty of goals. Swansea need to appreciate they've come a long way in a short space of time. 10 years ago they nearly went out the league, 6 years ago they were playing Horsham in an FA Cup replay. A lower mid-table finish in the general scheme of the things is hardly the end of the world.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well...that's quite a fall from grace. This time last years he was seriously being talked about as a potential Real Madrid manager in the making.

I do wonder if winning a cup, or finishing in a high position, with a 'lesser' PL team is really just a poisoned chalice for the manager. Fans, by their nature, will always expect/want more.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
This time last years he was seriously being talked about as a potential Real Madrid manager in the making.

Why do you presume that this will damage his career? He would have been in all likelihood leaving of his own choice at the end of the season and he has plenty of contacts in La Liga. His body of work at Swansea will still stand him in good stead for future employment in top flight football anywhere across Europe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here