Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Standing

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
With his family connections and our lack of Midfielders, could he do a job?*

From the BBC.

Midfielder Michael Standing has left Walsall by mutual consent to seek first-team football elsewhere.
The 25-year-old began his career at Aston Villa before joining Bradford City in March 2002.

Two years later, the cash-strapped Bantams allowed Standing to join the Saddlers on a free transfer.

The former England youth international signed a two-year contract extension in May 2005 after helping Walsall to a good finish in the 2004/05 season.

*Apologies if fixtures. Did a search I couldn't find any reference to this.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Isn't he Dick Knight's nephew or something?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No thanks, if he couldn't get first team football at Walsall I dont think we really want to know.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Isnt he DK nephew or something?

Isn't he Dick Knight's nephew or something?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
DAMANCLAY said:
No thanks, if he couldn't get first team football at Walsall I dont think we really want to know.

Certainly a case of clearing the decks at Walsall after a relegation. My Walsall STHolding friend was fairly impressed with him and said he played very well when he tried.

To be fair if we can find a place for non-league players then I wouldn't rule out Michael Standing straight away.

Is he DK's nephew?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
BarrelofFun said:
Is he DK's nephew?

Don't think so, where did you hear that?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Isn't DK his uncle, or something?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
Certainly a case of clearing the decks at Walsall after a relegation. My Walsall STHolding friend was fairly impressed with him and said he played very well when he tried.

To be fair if we can find a place for non-league players then I wouldn't rule out Michael Standing straight away.

Is he DK's nephew?

Usually you tend to clear the decks by getting rid of the worse players not the better ones.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DAMANCLAY said:
Usually you tend to clear the decks by getting rid of the worse players not the better ones.

Or the higher paid ones.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
DAMANCLAY said:

Jeff Bonser (Walsall Chairman) is a :censored: and Standing has chosen to leave so perhaps he will seek first team football in League One. He certianly had a lot of promise.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He's the new Nicolas. Or the old Nicolas. Or the poor man's Gareth Barry. I don't know but he must be worth a trial if if he's on a year to replace Oatway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here