Mice experts only please.

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We have caught eight of them in our larder the past couple of weeks. We use peanut butter and a humane mouse trap which means they have to wait a few hours until we get up, drive them a mile away to open countryside, and release them.

Seems a shame to kill them when they could live to fight another day, well away from our house. Or at least provide a tasty meal for an owl or other predator.

We did use chocolate as bait for a while but peanut butter seems much more effective.
I can't imagine a house mouse would survive very long in open countryside. But as you say (or do you?), being torn to pieces by a bird of prey is a much more humane way of dealing with them than is instant death in a mousetrap.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I didn't know nice liked peanut butter. There was a couple if mice in our kitchen about half a year ago and I tried chocolate, cheese and ham in a couple of mouse traps but it took about a month to get them. I nearly got one with a lunch box when I saw it on the work top but the bugger got away.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Trouble is, they struggle to get the lid off

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You'll never get rid of them, Timmy. Best you go & relocate to a cheap B&B down Littlehampton way; sell your house for a pittance in the next auction (as it's a major health hazard now); & then relocate to Birkenhead. I've no doubt you'll be a real hit with locals. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports