Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mexico Grand Prix

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My thoughts are based on the fact that once he had been penalised and virtually put out of the title challenge he has had no engine failures and has driven if anything harder so why couldnt they have done whatever they did a couple of months or 3 or 4 races earlier.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
My thoughts are based on the fact that once he had been penalised and virtually put out of the title challenge he has had no engine failures and has driven if anything harder so why couldnt they have done whatever they did a couple of months or 3 or 4 races earlier.

Would suggest the reverse is actually true. The last two races he's won, he's been able to control from the front and probably turn the engine down for portions of the race. He had to race "harder" at the beginning of the season as he was always on the back foot after poor starts or poor qualifying.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would suggest the reverse is actually true. The last two races he's won, he's been able to control from the front and probably turn the engine down for portions of the race. He had to race "harder" at the beginning of the season as he was always on the back foot after poor starts or poor qualifying.

I wont argue on that point as I know zilch about F1 but it just seems rather strange.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This was what I was trying to get at earlier, Hamilton is already an aggressive driver as it is.

Whislt there's no data out in public (that I know of or care to find) it wouldn't surprise me if his engines are put under stress more frequently than the others, possibly just enough to find gremlins that others with a different style (or are incapable of pushing as he does) won't encounter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here