Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Messages For Michel Kuipers - For His Testimonial Match Day Programme

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hello All,

I've been lucky enough to have been asked to put together a piece for Michel Kuipers testimonial programme, so I thought it would be a good idea to get messages of support to Michel from the fans and collate them.

Just a short one liner or couple of sentences to say thank you / your favourite FDM moment / anything you want! Be as creative as you want.

So either leave your message on this thread (or PM me if you don't want Michel/Others to read it until the programme is read) together with your name, home town, age (well anything so he know's who the message is from)

The programme will then be available on the day for £3

Thank you please

1151169124.jpg

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Thanks for all your heroics over the years Michel. You played a huge part in getting Albion to where we are now.
We should erect a life sized bronze statue of you outside the Withdean but I don’t think Mr Bloom could afford the amount of Bronze (tight wad)! Ha ha

Ady Foster (Fozzy), age 35, Worthing

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Are you a fan of The Beatles classic: Yellow Submarine?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you regard the save you made at wolves the greatest save you ever made?

Dave

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Michel , thanks so much for everything you've done with the Albion down the years , never , ever forget the FDM

Braders :)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Can't think of a message but every time I see Brezovan or Ankergran flapping at a long pass and the defence getting in a mess I have to shout ' awaaaaay ' just to remind them what to do.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thanks for everything Michel; you were and will always be our very first Albion Hero, William (age 9) & Henry (age 6), Arundel

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What sort of work out do you need to do to get an arm that's bigger than your own head?

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
My favourite memory of kuipers was when he played on in goal at the withdean after dislocating his shoulder or some other nasty arm injury. He was the very image of bravery and courage that day and had played a blinder in goal. Also very thankful for his great performances away to bristol city as he made those days miserable for my city-supporting brother.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Michel, seldom has a testimonial been more deserved. Having been there from the day Micky hauled you off after half-time at Southend (what a start!), though titles, promotions and relegations, at Wolves for the amazing double save, and on the seafront as you demonstrated for Falmer, I and many others have seen you putting heart and soul into this club and it will not be quickly forgotten. Have a great night, and all the best for your future career.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
On Championship Manager 99/00 you played centre mid. I never understood why we always played you out of position?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its been a pleasure to watch you play for the Albion over many seasons, a chant that will live forever 'Micheal Kuipers a former dutch marine - CHEF- a former dutch marine, a former dutch marine'. Thanks for the fantastic memories and look forward to seeing you around the AMEX when you finally hang up your boots.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
After being subbed at HT on your debut, who could've realised just how important you'd become to the Albion. That save at Bristol City away was just immense.

Peter, Worthing

Last edited:

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Its say a lot about the man that despite different managers bringing in their own "1st choice" keepers, Michel always managed to fight back and claim the jersey as his own. Thank you for the memories, and good luck for whatever the future holds.

Craig, 21 Woodingdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here