Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

message to reading fans

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
what a piss poor outfit you are with 10,000 plastic fans, you slide 5 places in the division and lose 5000 fans hahaha, if coppell comes to you watch out next season as our patience has run out with you, we will come up to your egotistically named stadium and smash it to pieces along with any plastic fans that get in our way,then you will be stadiumless and can slide down the league, attain your usual 3000 attendances and look forward to your oxford derbys. now f off and get some real fans you t**ts, getting all high and mighty when west ham take your manager and then doing to us what they did to you (i dont give a toss about this legal/illegal approach b**lshit, you should never have even approached in the firstplace) and then to claim the was a clause in coppells contract is pure b**llox, you are whining two bit hypocrites, who are an embaresment to football, reading fc can be summed up very simply.

NO HISTORY
NO HONOUR
NO PRINCIPLES
NO REAL FANS

now f off

rant over

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
but will we actually smash there stadium up?? come on give me a thousand skineds and I'l throw the first f***ing bottle.

****s!!!!

eiregull said:
what a piss poor outfit you are with 10,000 plastic fans, you slide 5 places in the division and lose 5000 fans hahaha, if coppell comes to you watch out next season as our patience has run out with you, we will come up to your egotistically named stadium and smash it to pieces along with any plastic fans that get in our way,then you will be stadiumless and can slide down the league, attain your usual 3000 attendances and look forward to your oxford derbys. now f off and get some real fans you t**ts, getting all high and mighty when west ham take your manager and then doing to us what they did to you (i dont give a toss about this legal/illegal approach b**lshit, you should never have even approached in the firstplace) and then to claim the was a clause in coppells contract is pure b**llox, you are whining two bit hypocrites, who are an embaresment to football, reading fc can be summed up very simply.

NO HISTORY
NO HONOUR
NO PRINCIPLES
NO REAL FANS

now f off

rant over

Ain't it a bitch.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
give it to 'um Tinx :angry:

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
whitley dennis you are made of plastic accept it lol

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
eiregull said:

NO HISTORY
NO HONOUR
NO PRINCIPLES
NO REAL FANS

now f off

rant over

*clap* *clap*

Oct 5, 2003
To be frank I doubt there are many Reading fans who don't feel decidedly uneasy about the whole business. We may have gone about it in the proper way rather than the slimy underhand way West Ham conducted themselves, but the end result is still the same. At least you didn't have to put up with media comments about being stupidly stubborn for not wanting our manager to leave, as if losing our manager to glamorous big boys West Ham was some kind of honour, but that's little consolation I'm sure.

As for the 'plastic' comments - well really I'd have hoped you'd have been above that. It's the sort of drivel spouted by teams we used to be on a par with 10 years ago who seem unable to accept we have moved on. Inverse snobbery in its worst form, saying how we should know our place. Mark my words, when Brighton get their stadium, and your crowds shoot up to levels unheard of at the Goldstone for 25 years, you'll get no end of complaints about how crap your new 'soulless' stadium is, and how they remember when you were only getting 5000 at the Goldstone, and how these 10,000 or so new fans will desert you the moment you have a bad season. The fact of the matter is you'll be in Div 1 (probably) pulling in 18,000-20,000 on a typical saturday (all of whom will claim to have been among the 2500 who watched you at Gillingham) and on bad days against unattractive opposition (as in teams, not luke chadwick) crowds will drop to 13,000-14000 and fans will moan that your fans aren't as loyal as they used to be. You will also have a new breed of fan, the type that probably never saw you at the withdean, let alone the Goldstone who'll be convinced that Brighton 'ought' to be in the premiership and you should spend millions to try and get there and slam anyone who says your club can't afford it of lacking ambition.

Welcome to your future.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
all ok except we used to get 35000 at the goldstone late 70s and still got 12000 when bottom of the league

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah 12k bottom div 3:lolol:
Thats harsh on us as im sure you wouldn't average 3k when sharing 75 miles away at the bottom of div 3 at gillingham as thats like you going to bristol.c nearly for home games.

You are missing the whole point to be honest as things have changed and after many many years our club is ours and is being run properly ha la lu ya.

Figure it out now as we could get shite loads at the withdean now and its 95% season ticket holders and you can't go with ya mates like you lot can as its impossible unless you get very lucky.

Then of cause you have the new stadium in which boosts crowds already doesn't it.

Now you sold roughly 8k season tickets in which is nearly 3k more than us and we get hardly any cash fans and can't sell anymore season tickets and yet we play in the worst football ground in the country.???

I no its the same old shite but don't ever underestimate our potential as you yourselves played us at the goldstone in front of 32k in the old 2nd division.
Potential doesn't die and the best is yet to come i promise.:lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
eiregull said:
all ok except we used to get 35000 at the goldstone late 70s and still got 12000 when bottom of the league

Are you sure about that???

Albion's highest average league attendance was recorded in 1977/78, when you averaged 25,265.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
highest ever crowd was 36000+ v fulham i think not sure what year still 25265 aint bad

Oct 5, 2003
I agree with all your sentiments if not your figures. There's a big difference between 'getting' 35,000 and averaging that amount, especially when the old Rothmans yearbook I have knocking about in a dark corner of a bottom shelf shows that during 1979-80 season, your first in top flight, you averaged 24,978. An impressive average no doubt, but not 35,000 which is not only 5,500 higher than that season's highest crowd (29,670 against Man Utd) but also 3000 higher than the Goldstone's capacity at the time. I could be wrong but I'd imagine you got higher crowds that season than during your promotion season (and I can assure you that you weren't playing Reading at the time).
Those high crowds didn't last though. Within 2 years you'd lost nearly 7000 fans and nearly 4000 more abandoned albion's Div survival battle at the same time the team did.
You've never seen anything remotely resembling those crowds since. Even when you made the play-off final in 91, with a place in the top division at stake, you didn't sell your ticket allocation. I know because I went and bought a ticket on the day in the Albion end. Your average that season - a less than amazing 8371.

Yes Brighton can be a bigger club than Reading when you get your stadium, but anyone assuming you'll get 30,000 every game just because you did(n't) in the late 70s is deluding themselves.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
eiregull said:
highest ever crowd was 36000+ v fulham i think not sure what year still 25265 aint bad

36,342 against Fulham, but that was back in Xmas 1958!

Reading's record crowd was 29,134 v Notts County in 1949.

Ours was 60,855 v Swansea, also in 1949, but I don't like to brag.....

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Of course we didn't average 35k but got plenty in the 30s and even 22k against oldham in the league cup 1st round 1st leg.

Lets not forget populations have increased and i feel we will do better without doubt one day.

Not exspecting 30k's as we won't have a big enough stadium,but getting 18k's and 20s in this and the 1st is not goner be a problem.

27k applicants against cov on a tuesday night last season says we have the fans ready and waiting my friends he he.:lolol:

Cookie

Oct 6, 2003
North Berks
eiregull, mate I understand your anger.
But that's the life of a true BRIGHTON fan.

NO MONEY
NO STADIUM
NO JUSTICE

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Message to Reading. Your club is boring. We've had more entertainment in the last 8 years than your club has had in its entire existance. You are boring, You are nothing, There is no point to Reading fc. Might as well be Slough fc. Readingfc? whats the point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here