Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message to Coppell

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Remember.

You were not our first choice as manager - Danny Wilson was.

You were not Readings first choice - Peter Taylor was.

You will always be 2nd best.

Good Luck at Reading.

(bitter me, never)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Or third best as was the case in the 2001-02 championship race!

The Seagulls are bigger than Coppout and will one day overshadow any club that Coppout has the desire to manage. He'll live to regret his move.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
4th choice behind the Mulletted bloke who couldnt even speak English,

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Must admit, some of the rubbish being spouted about Coppell is incredible. Disloyal? If I'd been Coppell, an established manager rejected in an interview over last summer for the unproven joke that was Hinsh, I'd have laughed at DK when he came grovelling back in the autumn after it had all gone tits up. But he swallowed his pride because he knew it was a good job. Now he's been offered a better one in the short-medium term. That's life, but we have the chance to overtake Reading in the next few years, which will be sweet.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Tooting Gull said:
Must admit, some of the rubbish being spouted about Coppell is incredible. Disloyal? If I'd been Coppell, an established manager rejected in an interview over last summer for the unproven joke that was Hinsh, I'd have laughed at DK when he came grovelling back in the autumn after it had all gone tits up. But he swallowed his pride because he knew it was a good job. Now he's been offered a better one in the short-medium term. That's life, but we have the chance to overtake Reading in the next few years, which will be sweet.

Spot-on post! Dick Knight did not engender respect/loyalty from Coppell by the way he treated him last summer!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
In what way is not offering someone a job "bad treatment" and a personal insult?

If DK wrote to him saying: "Sorry Steve, I'm not offering you the job becuase I won't have a Scouser working here. Money's tight enough as it is without any going missing" then Coppell would have every right to tell Knight to get lost, but I (assume) he didn't. I assume he informed him in much the same way the rest of us get told of such things.

If then the same employers come back six month's down the line, you don't automatically tell them to piss off, do you?

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Cheshire Dolphin said:
In what way is not offering someone a job "bad treatment" and a personal insult?

If DK wrote to him saying: "Sorry Steve, I'm not offering you the job becuase I won't have a Scouser working here. Money's tight enough as it is without any going missing" then Coppell would have every right to tell Knight to get lost, but I (assume) he didn't. I assume he informed him in much the same way the rest of us get told of such things.

If then the same employers come back six month's down the line, you don't automatically tell them to piss off, do you?

According to Coppell when he joined us last year, he had an interview with Dick Knight - then he did not hear from him again untill he wanted to get him in after his f***-up with Tinselhead! Not even a letter like yours!

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I didn't know that, and if that was the case then fair enough, I see you point! But saying that, even if he didn't get so much as a letter, I don't think it's as big a deal as all that. If Coppell did hold this against Knight then it would smack of "Don't you know who I am!?" type behaviour.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Cheshire Dolphin said:
I didn't know that, and if that was the case then fair enough, I see you point! But saying that, even if he didn't get so much as a letter, I don't think it's as big a deal as all that. If Coppell did hold this against Knight then it would smack of "Don't you know who I am!?" type behaviour.

Exactly. Now Knight knows who he is and what he is missing-out on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here