Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Message from Wrexham

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
An Appeal of the Gravest Magnitude.

The Supporters of Wrexham Football Club call upon all football fans & friends to support them during their hour of need.You will be aware of the fact that the current owner, Alex Hamilton, is trying to expel the club from the Football League by refusing to sell the club to interested buyers before the deadline, for coming out of administration, on the 3 June. The Football League have reiterated their intention to expel Wrexham FC if the deadline is not met.We are, therefore, mounting pressure on the FL to review their position and would like our friends to lend us their support in bringing this about. Please sign the letter,displayed below, and send to the FL as soon as possible. Thank you for your support. Art.

Proposed Letter to the Football League.

To Whom it May Concern

The situation at Wrexham Football Club has been well documented over the last year and that you will be fully acquainted with the events leading up to the present impasse. You will also be aware of the fact that the Club lost it's League 1 status, on the basis of a Football League ruling, resulting in a 10 point deduction. This was imposed upon the Club, it's players and supporters, who were not responsible in any way for the activities of the current owner, who was, and still is, pursuing a financial objective involving the redevelopment of the ground.

At a court hearing last October, Judge Norris, found in favour of the Club in respect to the ownership of the Racecourse ground and recommended that no appeal process was necessary, in his opinion. However, the current owner immediately appealed, against this decision, to the appeal court, who have subsequently granted that his appeal should be heard on February 14/15 at a High Court hearing in London.He is also prepared to take the case to the European Courts in the event of him being unsuccessful with his appeal action.We feel that this is a deliberate delaying tactic, on behalf of the owner, in the hope that the FL's maximum time period, for clubs in administration, is exceeded and that the club is then expelled from the Football League.

It goes without saying that football is the life-blood of North Wales sport and Wrexham FC is proud of it's 140 year association with the Football League. After all, it is the undisputed home of Welsh football. Today it's School of Excellence and it's Football in the Community activities is a demonstration of the Club's commitment to keeping football alive in a town steeped in footballing history.

Against this background, we trust that the FA will reconsider the Wrexham situation carefully before reaching any decision on ending the Club's Football League membership. Having forced us to accept League 2 football, through no fault of our own, we hope that you will be sympathetic to our cause and extend the administration period,as appropriate, should it become necessary.Your comments would be appreciated.

fl@football-league.co.uk

Edited to correct the typo that is discussed in the thread

Last edited by a moderator:

1066gull

So what can fans do to help?

Sorry if I being ignorant, but shall we donate money like with the Macs?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you please, please learn to read before posting your shite replies?

What part of "Please sign the letter,displayed below, and send to the FL as soon as possible." do you not understand?

1066gull

Bozza said:
Can you please, please learn to read before posting your shite replies?

What part of "Please sign the letter,displayed below, and send to the FL as soon as possible." do you not understand?

OK, I am sorry. I read about 75% before posting, OK.

Sorry.

Delete my posts if you want. Your are the Admin

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Why is this still carrying on? it frustrates me so much that this is directly underneath the FA's noses and theyre doing f all about it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
ive done my bit, i remember going up to wrexham a few seasons ago, towards the end of the season, it was a great trip, regardless of the fact we won, i wish them luck :clap:

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Done.

Just when you think you've got a decision and some twat goes and appeals it! When will the FA and Football League realise there is a time when they have to step in to resolve these things?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Done mine.

Looking forward to getting a reply along the lines

" yes we see what you mean and had no idea that so many people cared. As the people responsible for trying to make football thrive we have resolved to get our heads out of our arses and start doing something"

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Sent.

Now I just need to get my hands on one of those scarves, who was selling them - was it Simster?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yorkie said:
You will also be aware of the fact that the Club lost it's League 2 status, on the basis of a Football League ruling, resulting in a 10 point deduction.
Shouldn't that be League 1?

Yoda

English & European
Done and added a bit to the bottom to:

I am just glad you didn't have this ruling when my club, Brighton & Hove Albion, were fighting the same type of thing happening to us with our previous owners. Alex Hamilton is doing the same thing as Bill Archer did to us. Profiteering from the assets of the football club and I was under the impression the Football League were never to sit by and allow such things happen again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Done...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here