Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mercury Prize Night

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
just listening to XX for the first time on Spotify... I don't think there will be a second

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
just listening to XX for the first time on Spotify... I don't think there will be a second

If I'd given up on every song which I didn't enjoy on first listen then I'd have missed out on some truly great music.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If I'd given up on every song which I didn't enjoy on first listen then I'd have missed out on some truly great music.

" Don't push it, don't force it, let it happen naturally " moving swiftly on....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That album really does get better with a couple of listens, worthy winners in my book

It's a great album and they are worthy winners. I agree with the give it a few listens.....it really draws you in.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Well I lasted this long without finding out the 'winner' of that worthy prize (that record lables have to pay for get an album submitted).
xx - that album suits the prize - a dull, one dimentional idea maskerading as a good thing.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thank god somone else agrees. The XX are f***ing BORING.

Yes, DULL, dull is a good word to describe them.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just realised that the woman out of The XX would make a good candidate for Chesney's thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thank god somone else agrees. The XX are f***ing BORING.

Yes, DULL, dull is a good word to describe them.

Atmospheric is the word you're looking for :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite bizarre watching Miranda Sawyer and Lauren Laverene with their bumps while my missus shifts around uncomfotably with her own huge 37 week bump. Is EVERYONE pregnant?
I missed this comment last night.

Haha, YES. My wife is 31 weeks gone, and we were indeed chuckling along these lines while we watched.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Mumford & Sons for me. May be a bit too predictable though, isn't the winner often not the obvious choice? (other than Arctic monkeys one year)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here