Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it seems quite duplicitous that you won't entertain cretinous comments when you're happy to make them. Unless of course you want to have a go at justifying calling me a fantasist with little grasp of my own thought processes?

You play the pedant, the rest of the country will try and sort it out.
Is that what you think you're doing? Because it looks like you're just whining a lot. What exactly have you done to sort it out?

The fact is, that people like you didn't think any further than victory. Now you've put us all in the shit and your continued strategy is 'head in the sand and it'll all be alright in the end.'
You really are being quite the tw@. You clearly have no idea what people like Soulman thought would happen, you're just sore about losing, and instead of looking forward you're just moaning like a spoilt child.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I haven't time to show examples as I'm off to work. However people are people and I believe lies are told from both sides. Some Remainers have branded leavers as racist people who don't care about the economy or state of Britain or about Europe as a whole. Complaints that our economy is smaller now than France's (not true) that the pound is lower than the dollar, that the property prices will fall (good in my opinion, even as a homeowner) there are loads of other complaints, but the one that rankles me most is the suggestion that we should all vote again as the leavers were so stupid that they shouldn't have been able to vote in the first place. That reluctance to accept a democratic vote is appalling and does this country's credentials no good whatsoever.

So quite how you think there has been no moaning from remainers is staggering.

I thought they had all taken the result with good grace and acted in a very mature, responsible manner, respectful of the democratic process .... :wink:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We haven't even begun the process of withdrawal yet. This isn't moaning, it's a continuation of genuine concern, because one thing is sure - there is no plan, because nobody in government want to leave the EU.

The fact is, that people like you didn't think any further than victory. Now you've put us all in the shit and your continued strategy is 'head in the sand and it'll all be alright in the end.' Some of us would like something a little better thought out than that.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(
"The fact is that people like me"...and putting the country in the shite, the Labour government started the rot and the government's did not listen, "the fact is" as you so loosely put it, they have put the country in this situation. People exactly like you who failed to listen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow?

Is it a bit of a long sentence for you to digest?

I'm happy to enter into debate, but not to entertain cretinous comments.

Something has clearly irked you about the vote result that's resulted in your insults. Nobody on here, or indeed most voters, wrote the campaigns - both sides lied. People made a judgement call as to what they believed - based on the information supplied, history or just gut feeling. For me, I knew there would be an economic hit on the UK if we left but I believed that it was worth taking. You clearly disagree but what I don't do is tell you to eff off and speak to you as though you're a child.

Maybe a bit more politeness might actually result in sensible debate ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Something has clearly irked you about the vote result that's resulted in your insults. Nobody on here, or indeed most voters, wrote the campaigns - both sides lied. People made a judgement call as to what they believed - based on the information supplied, history or just gut feeling. For me, I knew there would be an economic hit on the UK if we left but I believed that it was worth taking. You clearly disagree but what I don't do is tell you to eff off and speak to you as though you're a child.

Maybe a bit more politeness might actually result in sensible debate ?

The economic hit hasn't even started. This is just the aftershock. The economic battle of attrition will start once negotiations commence.

I do love the way you talk about both sides telling lies. That's a mistruth in itself.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The economic hit hasn't even started. This is just the aftershock. The economic battle of attrition will start once negotiations commence.

I do love the way you talk about both sides telling lies. That's a mistruth in itself.

You actually think everything the Remain camp said was the truth ? Really ? Here's two lies - that our security would be affected by leaving, that people would be £4,300 worse off in 2030 ( that one was a lie because they didn't use equal time measurements ). Leave also told lies - particularly around the £350m a day figure.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
image.jpg

For a man who claims European Parliament is a terrible institution he's been happy to be a part of it for 20 years and looking at those figures I'm not surprised. Almost makes me think it is worth getting out if that's what they give away!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You actually think everything the Remain camp said was the truth ? Really ? Here's two lies - that our security would be affected by leaving, that people would be £4,300 worse off in 2030 ( that one was a lie because they didn't use equal time measurements ). Leave also told lies - particularly around the £350m a day figure.

The £4300 message has been explained many times - not least by me - it's an annualised average based upon all households. As I've made clear, it's twisted thinking, but based upon an economic argument that is being played out now.

However, the £350m was a plain lie. But people were prepared to ignore that fact.

As for security, well we'll see.

I stand by my assertion that this should never have been put to the country. One, we are not best placed to decide - which is why we elect MPs - and two, it was a referendum about the Tory party which we were all dragged into.

Well, what's done is done and the foolish request to leave has been made.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The £4300 message has been explained many times - not least by me - it's an annualised average based upon all households. As I've made clear, it's twisted thinking, but based upon an economic argument that is being played out now.

However, the £350m was a plain lie. But people were prepared to ignore that fact.

As for security, well we'll see.

I stand by my assertion that this should never have been put to the country. One, we are not best placed to decide - which is why we elect MPs - and two, it was a referendum about the Tory party which we were all dragged into.

Well, what's done is done and the foolish request to leave has been made.

There wasn't as much difference between the levels of deception as you suggest. Both were deliberately misleading figures made to influence the electorate. The £4300 figure was mean't to suggest we would be worse off after Brexit which may or may not turn out to be true and the other was made to suggest we could spend money previously sent to the EU on our own priorities which is undoubtedly true.The headline figures in both cases were equally suspect.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/the-deceptions-behind-george-osbornes-brexit-report/

As we all knew staying in the EU mean't an ongoing, continuous dilution of sovereignty/ loss of powers from the UK parliament/government to another institution I think it was essential to get a specific mandate from the electorate.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

The referendum should've been about the Lisbon treaty. Tony promised us all those years ago and Gordon reneged on that promise.

Jan 30, 2008
Of course the majority CAN be wrong in a democratic vote... Nazi Germany as an example, the democratic rise of the fuhrer or maybe you approved of this too...

What a ****ing stupid comment 52% can't be wrong in a democratic vote... YES numpty they can. THE MASSES ARE ASSES

what a Toby you are :dunce:
regards
DR

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Im hoping to make some money this weekend by selling some strawberry ice cream outside the pubs showing wimbeldon and the euro finals between my Fatherland and Pourtugal. ive worked out that if i get a few litres of the stuff from iceland and then pretend it is ORGANIC by calling it Gilato i can charge £3.50 a scoop and make a fortune.

Happy days

Regards

DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He did all the shouting but as soon as brexit needs physically doing he does a runner! He is just lazy and quits when it gets hard.
I believe your dislike for him is clouding your judgement. Would you like for him to be involved after we left the EU? He entered politics and had a huge role for donkeys years and has achieved his aim. There is no rule that stated he should carry on. Before he resigned, many remainers were crying for him to go as UKIP had seemingly run its course and so did the leader of the EU parliament.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
He is a chancer and a fraud of the highest order. All he has 'achieved' is soaking up taxpayer money while polluting the airwaves with his petty nationalism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here