Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely only a half wit would want to destroy our economy. Of course, outside the EU, the chumps tell us, we will do so well with the chance to exploit new markets. Only problem with this is that we have a service / finance economy rather than one that can make easy exports. Oh dear!
Immigration and over population is a massive problem. Unfortunately the chumps have voted on this issue and have forgotten about the economy and their jobs. Of course, the Governor of the Bank of England was only scaring the red necks. Sadly he wasn't.
Expect Johnson to keep out of things. He realises he's made a complete canute of himself. Nigel can join the band of failures who managed to persuade many people but could not deliver anything.
Democracy is wonderful except at times like 1932 when the Nazis done the business.
Those grapes tasting a bit sour?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
"It is time for me to move on, my job here is done. Thank you for all the support you have given me. It has been an eventful few years but I have achieved what I set out to do. Between us, Boris and I have led this once great nation right up shit creek, with the added bonus of leaving that wanky misfit Gove without a paddle."

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Now neither of the 2 most high profile 'Leave' leaders are in positions in which they can in any way be accountable or answerable for the promises they made. If holding a 2nd referendum is making a mockery of democracy, what is this?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Now neither of the 2 most high profile 'Leave' leaders are in positions in which they can in any way be accountable or answerable for the promises they made. If holding a 2nd referendum is making a mockery of democracy, what is this?

It all seems incredibly convenient that our chancellor can pretty much scrap all targets and economic promises he has made to date. This government has gone from being able to blame everything on the Labour government for the global financial crises, and now the next half decade can be blamed on Brexit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To use an analogy, he's spied a rocky marriage, seduced the wife, got her to tell her husband and kids she's leaving them, then he's bottled the responsibility and disappeared, leaving everybody screwed.

I think for 24 hours only NSC should suspend the deletion of the word ****, giving people here the chance to use the English language to its full potential to describe this toerag, this cad of a man.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nigel is still an MEP by the way and will still visit Brussels to make sure we exit the EU properly. Brexit means Brexit.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Nigel Farage wants his life back after messing up everyone else's. ******* ****

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It all seems incredibly convenient that our chancellor can pretty much scrap all targets and economic promises he has made to date. This government has gone from being able to blame everything on the Labour government for the global financial crises, and now the next half decade can be blamed on Brexit.

To be fair, if you had budgeted on something and then a huge spanner in teh works had been thrown, which is a real game changer, then I would have thought all your forecasts would have taken a dive.....

£ to Euro is .84 today ( 1.19) and the dollar 1.33...when we went to US earlier this year is was 1:46.

His information he put out as looking to drop corporation tax is another interesting one.....either it works and companies stay here , but pay less tax( increase in teh shortfall on personal tax payers or further cuts to public services) or it doesnt and companies like Nissan etc leave and there is a HUGE hole in the budget to be filled by increase in personal tax and further cuts to public expenditure.

this is a lose lose situation for him ( and probably us in the long run) until these mystery trade deals with the rest of the world appear and we will be coining it in!

D

Deleted member 22389

Farage can't win can he, doesn't matter if he stays or goes you will all complain about him. Glad he won't be in the spotlight as much, who is the next punch bag.

D

Deleted member 22389

..and how will he be doing anything in the EU parliament concerning Article 50?

He will be the inside reporter to it all, to make sure there is no back tracking by the government.
But before that there is now a possible legal challenge where the MP's get the final say on Article 50. Call this democracy?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
He will be the inside reporter to it all, to make sure there is no back tracking by the government.
But before that there is now a possible legal challenge where the MP's get the final say on Article 50. Call this democracy?

Lying to the voters before a decision such as leaving the EU isnt particularly democratic either.
The amount of people who voted Brexit, and now regret, as they feel they have been lied to is quite astonishing.
When I hear a voter in an economically deprived area such as Ebbw Vale, giving immigration as the reason for their vote to leave,
despite the EU practically funding the area for years beggers belief. How many immigrants are hot footing it to Ebbw Vale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here