Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
There is no crisis, because everything will be fine and the British people have had enough of experts, because the expert Michael Gove said so.

Well, I hope you're right.

I am a bit disappointed with the outcome of the referendum, but my sentiments towards your country remain unchanged (and would remain so, even if the vote had been 90% for "Leave") and I wish you all the best.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
However, Billy, as I am a bit of a gambling man (one has one's weaknesses) I propose a bet:

If in one year after the actual Brexit (formal leaving the EU) the UK is better off economically (faster GDP growth, stronger pound in relation to euro, lower unemployment, more exports etc.) than it is today, then you win the bet and I shall send you a crate of best Polish vodka. If the opposite happens, then I win and you will find this thread, quote this post, and write three words "I was wrong". Sounds fair, doesn't it?

Hi Guy. I think you are probably on a safe bet making it a year, i think the benefits will not show until at least 2-3 years.....better in five years i hope.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well, I hope you're right.

I am a bit disappointed with the outcome of the referendum, but my sentiments towards your country remain unchanged (and would remain so, even if the vote had been 90% for "Leave") and I wish you all the best.

Same here. I have the same sentiments toward your country. I always remember the first time I went to Poland because I crossed on foot - Český Těšín into Cieszyn on the Czech border. Happy days.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Hi Guy. I think you are probably on a safe bet making it a year, i think the benefits will not show until at least 2-3 years.....better in five years i hope.

Hopefully Great Britain will eventually prosper outside the EU. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her. *thumbs up*

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Same here. I have the same sentiments toward your country. I always remember the first time I went to Poland because I crossed on foot - Český Těšín into Cieszyn on the Czech border. Happy days.

If you're ever in Gdańsk, let me know, I'll show you around (you will like the city--it's full of seagulls :)).

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
There is clear evidence of widespread mis-spending of EU funds. This has been estimated at about £5.5billion annually - not much compared to the annual budget of over £100billion but enough to stop the auditors from giving a full, clean bill of health. see these articles....
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...udget/&usg=AFQjCNHEWSY_CywpUHWQevpmRe6IH4y4-g
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...g.html&usg=AFQjCNGpuwZg_2y72vVRVL_mCIqWuU95aA

I KNOW the details, hence my post.

Those links don't particularly agree, but in short, the accounts are clean but some money is misused by its recipients.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If it hadnt been for devolution and the resentment in England caused by the Scottish referendum, i am sure we would not have even had an EU one. Or at very least the result would have been different.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I KNOW the details, hence my post.

Those links don't particularly agree, but in short, the accounts are clean but some money is misused by its recipients.

if you think that £5.5 billion of our money being 'misused' is an acceptable figure then good luck to you and can you please let me know where to apply for some? This cavalier attitude toward the hard-earned money that the EU receives from its members is a symptom of the overall lack of care that is taken by those that have a position of responsibility to make sure that every pound is spent correctly and properly accounted for. If this was a UK company they'd have the fraud squad in right away and people would be sacked and probably imprisoned. Is it any wonder that the auditors won't sign-off?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
6d84919510d2d41f4d45f8be0854264c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Remind me, what was Nige's 'proper job' again?

Why? Try reading my post properly, the apologise to the board for your sloppy and lazy comprehension. Here it is,ive even thrown you a clue in bold..

Only if you are being technical.This proper job guff is standard speak for not being able to understand or relate to normal people, being out of touch, self absorbed greasy poll climbing and cronyistic. In that sense he was right and it feeds well into the views of the common man.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009
Why? Try reading my post properly, the apologise to the board for your sloppy and lazy comprehension. Here it is,ive even thrown you a clue in bold..

Only if you are being technical.This proper job guff is standard speak for not being able to understand or relate to normal people, being out of touch, self absorbed greasy poll climbing and cronyistic. In that sense he was right and it feeds well into the views of the common man.
looney, I agree with you in general , but this post is comical ali-esque in its denial of the truth, its like the lefties on here trying to deny Corbyn is an IRA supporter and apolpogist.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

You're wrong on this. Amusingly so.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Yeah I got that bit. Just not totally sure what it is about Farage's CV that gives him the moral authority to say it.

Yoda

English & European

And a former trader and banker is a "proper job"? Do me a favour. They make their money solely based on the misery of the majority of their clientele.

The majority of MEP's in that room have contributed FAR more to their community and society than Farage could EVER dream of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here