Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
He is already running his election campaign by saying what people want to hear, in this country that is, personally, I don't like the bloke but, he went up in my estimation this morning for telling those stuffed shirts that they are not going to have everything their own way.
Now, stupid or not, it was refreshing to see and hear those bullies in Europe get some of their own medicine.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Brilliant speech? Rampant nonsense more like--there are academic teachers, small business owners, former military men etc. among Euro-deputies. He simply insulted them to score cheap brownie points with his primitive voter base. He also said that the EU will be worse off without Britain than Britain without the EU, so he is not only a manipulative liar but also an economic illiterate.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Isn't it odd how we see things from such polarised stand points!

I cringed at his every word, thinking of the damage he is doing to the perception of Brits everywhere - and I come here and find people are worshiping his heroics. I guess it makes life more interesting.

Cant wait for the new football season though so we can unite behind a common bond. This politics malarky has been incredibly damaging in one way or another for us all.

Have just watched "Who the hell do you think you are?" speech on YouTube. Nearly as good!
I have to say that was his finest speech.
Love him or loathe him, he has made one hell of a difference.

I think he has become a bit of a liability at home and has given the remainers some pretty good ammunition in this referendum.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
tells the EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT a few home truth's :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: good on him i say a bit like telling some of the people on here a few home truths:clap2:
regards
DR

Tell you what Daz, here are a couple for you.

You really do not get anywhere in life throwing insults around in the full view of your peers, you only look angry and weak. It shows that you have never really got over the bullying you experienced in the playground all those years ago, when the popular kids laughed at your inadequacies and your lack of social skills. It also shows how bitter and twisted you are that you have not achieved more in life, that others around you have the roles that you covet, and how much you wished you were like them.

So in reality Nigel Farage looks a bit silly to say the very least right now, and you would like to be him wouldn't you Daz? But you just weren't good enough.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I don't like the bloke and think he's a bit of a tool but it was quite entertaining watching the MEPs around him rolling their eyes and looking down their noses at him like they were somehow superior because they are staying in the EU, and I don't think he was too far off the mark when he claimed none of them had ever had a proper job, that got a few of them huffing and puffing. The EU reminds me of FIFA, a huge behemothic organisation doing what it wants, how it wants and ignoring the people who fund it and pay their wages, like FIFA I suspect it will all come tumbling down in a great snotty heap once another nation inevitably decides to get out.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
the only people that were embarrassed were the rest of the EU Parliament for a bit of home truth coming their way , he's never been slow in speaking his mind to them so they should have expected it???
regards
DR

and that is exactley the point,THEY NEVER SEE IT COMING,just like Thursday,s vote.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Much preferred the Scottish and Northern Ireland MEPs speeches, which of course received loud applause as opposed to Nigel's silence.

Given that we're out shouldn't Nigel be going on a pre-retirement course so that he can fully understand what he can invest in following his exit for the European Parliament. Don't invest in UK Stocks and share or sterling at the present as you could lose your savings and pension pot.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't like the bloke and think he's a bit of a tool but it was quite entertaining watching the MEPs around him rolling their eyes and looking down their noses at him like they were somehow superior because they are staying in the EU, and I don't think he was too far off the mark when he claimed none of them had ever had a proper job, that got a few of them huffing and puffing. The EU reminds me of FIFA, a huge behemothic organisation doing what it wants, how it wants and ignoring the people who fund it and pay their wages, like FIFA I suspect it will all come tumbling down in a great snotty heap once another nation inevitably decides to get out.

But it's also ironic when we have the House of Lords, MP's and PM's who haven't done a days work in their lives either. Is what he said true, partially true or false? We don't know, but either way the UK isn't a shining example in this regard.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I didn't follow the Brexit campaign very closely, but wasn't it Farage and his ilk who drove these buses...

JS89532410.jpg

... all around the UK so millions of people believed him and voted "Leave"?

If so, then how on earth does he get away with such a lie and is still a hero (apparently) for so many?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I didn't follow the Brexit campaign very closely, but wasn't it Farage and his ilk who drove these buses...

JS89532410.jpg

... all around the UK so millions of people believed him and voted "Leave"?

If so, then how on earth does he get away with such a lie and is still a hero (apparently) for so many?

Because it was all about immigration......

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've always found that insulting people is always the best way to start a negotiation.

Soften them up before Boris enters the room and rugby tackles them you mean.

It could work, they might find him quite refreshing. Or they may just give him what they want to give to Farage. Fascinating times, it's like a TV reality show.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
im making a special batch of Farage fromage (geddit!!) Jam and will be selling it for £4 (approximately €10) at Southwick patriots market on saturday morning). its just like normal jam but its got extra sugar innit beacause Farage is so sweet

Regards

DR

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Because it was all about immigration......

But the immigration will not really decrease (if anything it will increase, because the French won't try to stop the refugees trying to come to England anymore) as the movement of people from EU countries won't be limited (unless Britain wants to be excluded from the common market after Brexit, which I don't think is the case).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
But the immigration will not really decrease (if anything it will increase, because the French won't try to stop the refugees trying to come to England anymore) as the movement of people from EU countries won't be limited (unless Britain wants to be excluded from the common market after Brexit, which I don't think is the case).

I am not disagreeing, I was giving a reason why a lot of the Brexit voters are not concerned about the lies they were told about the NHS funding....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here