Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Shackles of the EU my arse...keep in mind how free you are when you have to get a visa to go on holiday to your package holiday in Benidorm and you can only bring back 200 fags and a litre of spirits.
Oh really ? Do me a favour , Spain hasnt got a pot to piss in , they have 30% youth unemployment and you seriously think they'll make it difficult for us to go and spend money there ? Its ridiculous scaremongering like this that proved so counterproductive to the remain campaign.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh really ? Do me a favour , Spain hasnt got a pot to piss in , they have 30% youth unemployment and you seriously think they'll make it difficult for us to go and spend money there ? Its ridiculous scaremongering like this that proved so counterproductive to the remain campaign.

Interestingly, you don't dispute "you can only bring back 200 fags and a litre of spirits. " ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Isnt it 50% youth unemployment in Spain, or are you factoring what might happening when they come to their senses and leave too ................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Agree with this. There were very good reasons to remain, but the arguments were diluted by bollocks. Unfortunately the remain bollocks was more easy to disregard than the leave bollocks (because it was wishy washy, and leave bollocks was gung ho and positive). I would add that in my view the leave bollocks was much more specious than the remain bollocks. But in the end. if you can't marshall your bollocks, then expect the consequences. I can't believe I just said that :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Farage. Love him or loathe him, he does 'just what it says on the tin'.

Please feel free to list any of the slime balls at Westminster who can honestly put that on their CV. Short list, perhaps?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shackles of the EU my arse...keep in mind how free you are when you have to get a visa to go on holiday to your package holiday in Benidorm and you can only bring back 200 fags and a litre of spirits.

So what? If (and not when) a particularly fanatical and intolerant band of lobbyists get their way, EU membership or not, possession of 200 fags will mean a six month sentence and a hefty fine under laws relating to newly designated class A drugs.
The French, the Italians and the Spanish will, of course, carry on doing whatever they want.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Please feel free to list any of the slime balls at Westminster who can honestly put that on their CV. Short list, perhaps?

Man-thinking-hard1.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Interestingly, you don't dispute "you can only bring back 200 fags and a litre of spirits. " ?
i dont smoke or drink spirits , and in the grand scheme of things is it that important ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Agree with this. There were very good reasons to remain, but the arguments were diluted by bollocks. Unfortunately the remain bollocks was more easy to disregard than the leave bollocks (because it was wishy washy, and leave bollocks was gung ho and positive). I would add that in my view the leave bollocks was much more specious than the remain bollocks. But in the end. if you can't marshall your bollocks, then expect the consequences. I can't believe I just said that :lolol:
bollocks :lolol:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Caroline Lucas

Or does having principles, speaking your mind and working hard only count if you are also unable to behave like a grown up?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Really? My pension and other savings were down by 2.3% between Thursday and this morning but I expect a large part of that to have been clawed back today. Have you been hit hard by the currency fluctuation on your income?

Yes and its getting worse today :( Unfortunately I do rely on exchange rates somewhat so rough with the smooth I guess, though this is getting very worrying

31 May 2016 08:00 UTC - 30 Jun 2016 08:28 UTC
GBP/ZAR close:19.89085 low:19.84555 high:23.14239

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think we can all agree that anyone who thinks Farage is a force for good is a moron and probably a racist.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Caroline Lucas

Or does having principles, speaking your mind and working hard only count if you are also unable to behave like a grown up?
OK, Caroline Lucas if you like. As I said, a very short list.

And the short answer to your rather loaded question is 'No'.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

There are many others. Let me say Catherine West just to throw a name in that I am personally familiar with. My (loaded yes) question was to make the point that is not necessary to act like a total dick in order to 'do what it says on the tin'.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Liam Fox was a GP. Iain Duncan Smith was in the army. Please don't dismiss the Brexiteers along the Westminster elite entirely. I'm hoping these people, who obviously aren't experts because Britain's had enough of them, are going to get us out of this predicament we're in and reestablish a British empire upon which the sun will never set.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Liam Fox was a GP. Iain Duncan Smith was in the army. Please don't dismiss the Brexiteers along the Westminster elite entirely. I'm hoping these people, who obviously aren't experts because Britain's had enough of them, are going to get us out of this predicament we're in and reestablish a British empire upon which the sun will never set.

A vast British Empire stretching from Dover to Bristol and Southampton to Newcastle. How delicious.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The man is an utter prick and a liar.

View attachment 76208

I dont think you have interpreted Farages statement correctly and this animation doesnt necessarily invalidate his main point, firstly it was partly tongue in cheek and secondly he wasnt saying that they weren't academically intelligent, for me it was more that they represented a an elite class and not a entrepreneurial group of people that might have evolved a different EU that we might not have considered leaving.

In the main the jobs quoted are generally jobs that reflect the European chamber, full of people with 'positions' funded by public bodies, foundations or corporations, however accurate or not this animation is it misses the spot by a country mile.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
From David Aaronovitch in today's Times:

"I was listening to a radio interview with Margrethe Vestager, a Danish politician and EU commissioner. In her perfect English she talked about her regret at Britain leaving the EU and of all the things that we’d achieved there, not least the single market. Just hours earlier we’d seen Nigel Farage in the European parliament — our ambassador to the wider European public — donkey braying in triumph over the defeated continentals. “Well, you’re not laughing now!” he boomed, like a tipsy saloon bar bore. And suddenly I saw it through their eyes, the nation of the 2012 Olympics replaced by a swaggering visit from your least favourite uncle."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here