MEP Nigel farage

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
That's him, yes. Looking at what that guy has achieved in his life professionally, and politically - standing up against the soviet communist party in very dangerous times, you can well appreciate why he might think Farage is a childish little prick.

I suspect he thinks exactly that - and correctly so - but because he's a grown up he can rise above it: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/2014-2019/andriukaitis/blog/thoughts-weareseat123_en

Seriously, I know this whole thread is one long exercise in trolling but anyone that thinks Farage has not made an utter utter prick of himself is deluded.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Seriously, I know this whole thread is one long exercise in trolling but anyone that thinks Farage has not made an utter utter prick of himself is deluded.

Watching Farage yesterday I personally felt embarrassed to have the same passport as him, that he keeps waving about in the air everywhere. Most people use their passports to go on holiday or use as ID in the pubs he likes to pose in. The referendum has meant different things to different people, but it was just one giant ego trip for him.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Watching Farage yesterday I personally felt embarrassed to have the same passport as him, that he keeps waving about in the air everywhere. Most people use their passports to go on holiday or use as ID in the pubs he likes to pose in. The referendum has meant different things to different people, but it was just one giant ego trip for him.

You get embarrassed very easily for a grown up ...........

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'd act like one when addressing the European Parliament though.

He was flicking his finger at the whole auditorium, he has been ridiculed by them, it doesnt necessary seem a place where acting like a grown up is mandatory, Farage had the ink of 17 million votes on his hands, he was just showing them what it looks like, but my god the Remainers still dont get it.

On my timeline I have had a relentless stream of Remainer 'facebook friends' still endlessly posting irrelevant stuff and reminding anyone that will listen how ashamed, embarrassed and self proclaiming a greater status of European they are, even a continue 'like' strike count of two or less isnt stopping them.

Having 3 pen pals and two non beach European holidays a year doesn't make them more European than Bob down the pub drinking warm beer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He was flicking his finger at the whole auditorium, he has been ridiculed by them, it doesnt necessary seem a place where acting like a grown up is mandatory, Farage had the ink of 17 million votes on his hands, he was just showing them what it looks like, but my god the Remainers still dont get it.

On my timeline I have had a relentless stream of Remainer 'facebook friends' still endlessly posting irrelevant stuff and reminding anyone that will listen how ashamed, embarrassed and self proclaiming a greater status of European they are, even a continue 'like' strike count of two or less isnt stopping them.

Having 3 pen pals and two non beach European holidays a year doesn't make them more European than Bob down the pub drinking warm beer.

You're right - I don't get 'it', I don't like 'it', but I've got to get on with 'it'. What exactly is 'it' though? What will 'it' be?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What THIS Remainer doesn't 'get' is how Farage has these '17 million votes' when it suits him, yet the whole campaign for those votes was simultaneously 'nothing to do with him'.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You're right - I don't get 'it', I don't like 'it', but I've got to get on with 'it'. What exactly is 'it' though? What will 'it' be?

Good and fair enough, I can only offer my own view and I think it will be fantastic, filled with opportunity and sunny days.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My "savings" and net income has gone down by about 20% in the last week because of it :(

Really? My pension and other savings were down by 2.3% between Thursday and this morning but I expect a large part of that to have been clawed back today. Have you been hit hard by the currency fluctuation on your income?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What THIS Remainer doesn't 'get' is how Farage has these '17 million votes' when it suits him, yet the whole campaign for those votes was simultaneously 'nothing to do with him'.

He was the bad cop, the lambasted poster held some truth for many, but modern politicians are finding it hard to grasp the knettle with the immigration and I suppose he was the man to deliver the less immigration bit for the Outers.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My shares have tanked... they matured in October too...My plan was to use those shares to supplement our income as my partner is pregnant and can't work. That money was going to help us.

So yes people are already being affected and we haven't even implemented article 50 yet...

Without knowing what shares they are, I would guess that you had decent growth last year, a fairly dramatic dip in January and then decent growth up until Friday. The market has also rebounded yesterday and today (the FTSE 100 up over 3% today as I type). If you're in banking stocks then it might not be so rosy right now but they certainly have not been "destroyed".

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sorry mate, that's a completely irrational statement. Even whether we'd left or stayed, we are all in the hands of the Gods with our pensions, savings, annuities etc. In the nine years I've been drawing on them, they've fluctuated at various intervals. I'd be amazed if the uncertainty surrounding Brexit doesn't at least for a while, and until some trade negotiations are completed satisfactorily, effect all of those things. I await with bated breath, and pray Farange stops irritating our neighbours, before they decide to make life difficult for us, and make whopping tax incentives to banks for their business...because if we lose the financial sector business we could be in deep do doos...God Forbid this, or I might be off to the Orkneys ....hoots mon!
You agree with me then. Our savings and pension pots are not going to be destroyed because of BREXIT. There are fluctuations in performance all the time due to geopolitical and other factors. BREXIT is not a seismic event that is going to drive down the markets by, say, 50% or more. Even a 50% fall does not count as "destroyed".

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It is very early days, the markets are getting over the initial shock of what has happened . What happens when we confront the harsh facts of a renegotiation in 2 years time? That's when the real crash will come.

I doubt it very much but we will wait and see.

The FTSE 100 is now ABOVE the level it was at on Thursday when the market closed.
The FTSE 250 is still down 1.5% on Thursday's close.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is undemocratic about losing an election? He has been elected as an MEP.

Actually, even that isn't really true is it?

Insofar as nobody in England votes for a specific MEP. You only vote for parties, and the PR system allocates seats to individuals, as per the order the party listed their candidates. Not one person specifically voted for Nigel Farage.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Actually, even that isn't really true is it?

Insofar as nobody in England votes for a specific MEP. You only vote for parties, and the PR system allocates seats to individuals, as per the order the party listed their candidates. Not one person specifically voted for Nigel Farage.

Yes, that's true but PR is more democratic isn't it? I hear plenty of people saying that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, that's true but PR is more democratic isn't it? I hear plenty of people saying that.

It is, in a great many respects. It has a fundamental problem though, with the lack of accountability of individuals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here