Newhaven
image.jpg

Spurs fans in the 70s.

Edit: Sorry my mistake, that was taken last week. :D

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Footwear.
There are some great pictures of 1970's shoes on google images if someone can paste them on (I can't from a mobile)
Very high platform shoes, spoon shoes.
Also Dunlop Greenflash and Stylo Matchmakers.
(There are some seriously nice 1970's style shoes for sale on e bay if you are into wearing something different, retro and smart.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Footwear.
There are some great pictures of 1970's shoes on google images if someone can paste them on (I can't from a mobile)
Very high platform shoes, spoon shoes.
Also Dunlop Greenflash and Stylo Matchmakers.
(There are some seriously nice 1970's style shoes for sale on e bay if you are into wearing something different, retro and smart.
Yes - and can I just say I thoroughly enjoyed being three or four inches taller back in the 1970s!

el punal

The 1970s - the decade that fashion forgot! Looking back on it I bought some horrendous clobber. First off, a brown pin stripe three piece suit, with a cream shirt and f*** off collar, a brown tartan tie and a pair of chocolate and cream two tone shoes with four inch heels. I shot up from 6' 2" to 6' 6" in seconds. As soon as I started walking, lurching actually, it was a case of staggering looking pissed without even having a drink.

My other piece de la resistance was a green velvet jacket from Michael Barrie - remember them? Totally wonderful that, how I miss it! :cool:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Whatever you think of it its far better than the atrocious crap the kids currently wear. :shit:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As a kid growing up in the 70's all I can remember are those hideous flower power shirt and tie combos (where the tie was exactly the same pattern as the shirt) mum used to made me wear when school photo time came around.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To my eternal shame and embarrassment I own up to 2, yes 2, safari suits in the early 70's. Will I ever be forgiven?
You are Christopher Biggins and I claim my £5. Safari, so goody.

B9-7jHmIgAAZ_NU.jpg

Disclaimer - yes, I do know that was the 80s.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

The jeans worn by Sid seem to be fashionable now with teenage girls.
Paul Cook seems to be having a game of ' pocket billiards ' similar to the chav types with their hands down there joggers. :wink:

Is Steve Jones holding an industrial stapler? Just an observation, I had that poster when I was about 14 and never noticed that.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
The jeans worn by Sid seem to be fashionable now with teenage girls.
Paul Cook seems to be having a game of ' pocket billiards ' similar to the chav types with their hands down there joggers. :wink:

Is Steve Jones holding an industrial stapler? Just an observation, I had that poster when I was about 14 and never noticed that.

I think it's a rattle he's holding and Sid's hand! Not sure what JL's drinking though

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Somewhere in the deep, deep depths of a distant wardrobe there lurks a said picture. To make matters worse I was wearing clogs at the time. Oh, no one mentioned the clogs yet? So bloody uncomfortable, impracticable but fashionable. May the said picture never be found.

I had clogs, painted them gold, but dropped one and the wooden sole fell apart

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here