Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Men! Are we the baddies?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Is there any walk of life or profession where there haven't been multiple male sexual predators outed?
From religion, acting, comedy, sports, TV presenting, teaching, to name but a few, are we as a gender totally unable to keep our hands and sexual wonts to ourselves?
As a younger man I'd frequent clubs around Brighton and know that male acquaintances would pretty much sleep with anyone after a night out clubbing.
And I'm talking anything goes.
I genuinely have never had a one nighter and have never felt the need to pull anything just so I could have a shag. I could never understand why they'd sink to such crappy levels.
I concluded and not much has changed my mind since that a large proportion of men are like dogs and will shag anything.

I had a discussion with a woman at work a few years ago who informed me forcibly that women are just as bad but I don't think so.

Are men not able to keep it under control? Is it a physiological thing?
Or are we genuinely The baddies?
Or just C***s?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have done the whole shagging about thing, always consensual of course and it was often the female making the first move, really don’t see the issue,

I think we are endanger of conflating promiscuity with sexual assault in society at the moment which is a very dangerous thing to do. A man who likes women and sex is not an immediate threat or danger to society.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
If you’re expecting anybody to admit an indiscretion with a lady maybe whilst out drinking , maybe when they were younger, maybe when they didn’t know much better then you’ve come to the wrong place. Nobody on here has done anything bad. End of.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If you’re expecting anybody to admit an indiscretion with a lady maybe whilst out drinking , maybe when they were younger, maybe when they didn’t know much better then you’ve come to the wrong place. Nobody on here has done anything bad. End of.
i think you should tell us what you've done

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
In regards to this particular issue, I doubt there are that many men who have always behaved impeccably in this area of their life.

I remember reading an article shortly after the Harvey Weinstein #MeToo stuff.
An elderly gentleman decided to apologise to some of his previous partners who he felt he had "abused".
One of these included a girlfriend he had guilted into giving him a blowjob when she didn't want to have sex.
The woman didn't even remember the incident.
This is probably because, this was pretty low-level stuff in her experience and she probably didn't feel she had no option but to appease him.

This is clearly not always the case. Men need to be educated better on when they are abusing their power in a relationship.
I suspect a large number of misogynistic narcissists are unaware (disinterested) that their behaviour is abusive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is there any walk of life or profession where there haven't been multiple male sexual predators outed?
From religion, acting, comedy, sports, TV presenting, teaching, to name but a few, are we as a gender totally unable to keep our hands and sexual wonts to ourselves?
As a younger man I'd frequent clubs around Brighton and know that male acquaintances would pretty much sleep with anyone after a night out clubbing.
I genuinely have never had a one nighter and have never felt the need to pull anything just so I could have a shag. I could never understand why they'd sink to such crappy levels.
I concluded and not much has changed my mind since that a large proportion of men are like dogs and will shag anything.

I had a discussion with a woman at work a few years ago who informed me forcibly that women are just as bad but I don't think so.

Or just C***s?
Some sweeping generalizations there. Why do we all have to be one thing or another? There is a spectrum of human phenotypes. If you think you have noticed that males tend to be more predatory that's only because more of them feel empowered because of their size and strength than in the female population, meaning predatory males are more conspicuous.

And don't imagine that there aren't plenty of women who aren't too choosey. An old acquaintance of mine, now in her 60s, has shagged hundreds of men (she told me there were more than 20 before the age of 16, always instigated by herself).

We humans come in numerous different shapes and sizes, physically, emotionally, 'morally' and intellectually.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What women fail to understand is the men they hate we hate too!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Does the media promote and encourage young adults (objective and female) to be baddies? Love Island being a prime example.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Or just C***s?
It's just not as simple as men vs women. There are promiscuous women, just as there are promiscuous men.

Same in any area of our lives. Plenty of hard nosed horrible women in business and management, just as there are men.
I used to think if women ruled the world it would be a much much better place. Then I remembered that lady that said she wasn't for the turning. That soon put me right on that delusion.

Having said all that, yes, I suspect it's more the norm as a species for men to be more highly sexed than women. Thankfully most of us have moved beyond caveman days to satisfy our basic desires come what may, but sadly clearly a significant minority still haven't.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think it's more a case of abuse of power, and as more men are in power (or historically have been in power) then we shouldn't be surprised that male dominated professions (most) have experienced bad guys doing bad things.

That doesn't make us all bad, but we have to suck it up and challenge bad behaviour where we can. In short, we have to own it unless we're prepared to do something about it.

I'd get all men to read Grayson Perrys 'The Descent of Man'. A top bloke basically just writing about why blokes just need to accept that historically we've all benefited from privilege. I have.

Anyhow, we're not all c**ts, but some are.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Indiscretion? If you're in a monogomous relationship maybe, but there's nothing wrong with having sexual relations with another consenting adult, even if you barely know each other. There really are plenty of single women who sometimes just want a no-strings shag, and they absolutley should not be judged for that.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And then there are the men we hate that they seek out. It's all far too complicated for me. I'm just relieved to be an ugly bastard that avoided the hoards of women chasing me around, it must be very tiring.
Script analysis has some interesting things to say about why some people repeatedly seek out abusive/horrible people to form a relationship with.

To be very clear, this is NOT victim blaming either. It does not in any way seek to excuse the behaviour of abusive people.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

an odd question, despite hearing from a woman, you're just dismissing their view and coming to own uninformed and naive conclusion.
no, we are not collectively "the baddies".

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Good grief, no. What a horrible generalisation. As some of you may know, I am of the female variety, but I firmly believe that most people, men and women, try to be their best and do the right thing (albeit sometimes in their own puzzling, but well meaning way). Some men are rapists and abusers. Some men and women are practicing paedophiles. Some are baby murderers. Some are racists. Some are homophobes. Most of us, I think, are not (or try not to be, where discrimination is concerned) any of those things. And yes, men and women can both be promiscuous, but with consent (and proper protection, obvs) that's not a problem, is it? Is just that if you want to be a rapist or abuser, if you're male, and particularly if you hold some kind of "power" over those around you, then it's quite easy to get away with it.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
i think you should tell us what you've done
For example many years ago I and my female partner for that evening agreed that I could climax on her breasts but at the last second I changed it to the face. Am I in Russel brand territory or just a youthful indiscretion ?

There’s a couple more that spring to mind but I didn’t have the “golden ticket” of choice that Brand had and just had to shag what I could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here