Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memories of Summer Holiday TV

Mr M

Nov 1, 2009
Just remembered: Belle and Sebastian (black and white French thing about a boy and his big dog) and Robinson Crusoe (another dubbed one). How about too Skippy, Lassie, The Lone Ranger, Casey Jones, Zorro, Hong Kong Phooey I could go on...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Skippy, Daktari, test cricket.

Daktari.jpg

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Ah yes, Banana Splits, Lone Ranger, Champion the Wonder Horse, Zorro, Wacky Races, Hong Kong Phooey all as previously mentioned. Also Tarzan, Daktari, Four Musketeers, CHiPS & for the younger ones Bagpuss, Camberwick Green. Also repeats of ancient Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Harold Lloyd, Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton.
My brother and I used to dash across the living room to be first to switch off the TV when Heidi, The Waltons or Little House on the Prairie was next to be shown - no remote controls back then, God I sound old.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Funny how things change. I remember getting really annoyed at my dad when he used to take time off to do decorating or something and monopolise the telly in the summer to watch the cricket and wouldn't let me watch the kids programmes.

Now I'm quite happily watching the cricket.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
'Why don't you' was the first thing that came into my head when I saw the thread title. Quality show then, probably would look like right shit now I'm older. A group of teenagers ran the show, if I remember right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here