Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Memories of Andy Whing

Ditchboy

Apr 4, 2008
Was speaking to an acquaintance yesterday and he told me Whingy is currently reinventing himself as a holding midfielder at Oxford (Michael Duberry and our own Jake Wright being 2 of the back four). Always loved his no nonsense,true pro. Can't get rid of the image of his ginger bonce sticking out of that hideous turquoise third kit towards the end of Adams 2. Only player in that side who actually looked like he gave a shit. Didn't he get player of the season that year? Oh...and standing with us at Forest the year before. Ledge.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
MK Dons away. Only player who looked bothered that day and abusing Craig Davies aside his name was the only one sung in the 2nd half.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Andy Whing is playing in centre midfield? By CHRIST League 2 must be shit!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Duberry, there's a man who could give the Albion a run for their money in the OG stakes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
played a massive part in keeping us in League 1 - sadly my memory of him was marred by his totally inept final performance at Northampton at the start of last season. Felt so sorry for him being overlooked for even a squad place at Villa Park (although it was unquestionably the right decision football-wise) and I'm glad he is doing well. I wondered when he turned down a deal at Chesterfield to go to Oxford whether he had made the right choice but it sounds like he did.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And he's put on a shed load of weight as well. was at centre back for Oxford when they stuffed AFC Wimbledon on Boxing Day. Couldn't quite bbelieve it myself.

DPM0395

Aug 11, 2011
London
All I remember of whing was aimless chips up the line and a strong tackle. Gave his all but ultimately a limited player,let's be thankful we have people that can football now.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He is a top man!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The fact Andy Whing got player of the year when we god knows how stayed up in 2009 shows how shit we were that year. When we got beat by Walsall 3-0 away with Livermore giving the most inept full back performance I'v ever seen I was planning trips to Morecombe and Accrington.

Even Lloyd Owusu looked like a world beater in that team.

Brighton:

Andersen, Whing, Heath, El-Abd (Elphick 46), Livermore (Borrowdale 46), Carole (Davies 69), Jarrett, Bangura, Cox, Forster, Owusu.
Subs Not Used: McLeod, Fraser

What a pile of CACK that team is.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The fact Andy Whing got player of the year when we god knows how stayed up in 2009 shows how shit we were that year. When we got beat by Walsall 3-0 away with Livermore giving the most inept full back performance I'v ever seen I was planning trips to Morecombe and Accrington.

Brighton:

Andersen, Whing, Heath, El-Abd (Elphick 46), Livermore (Borrowdale 46), Carole (Davies 69), Jarrett, Bangura, Cox, Forster, Owusu.

Would like to think our current team would smash that by 5 or 6

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Brighton:

Thing is, that team had good pedigree. When you looked at former clubs played, I can remember being fairly excited when the influx of loans arrived.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Brighton:

Just serves as a reminder how far Adam El-Abd has come. Hooked after 45 minutes for a rubbish league 1 team already being pasted by Walsall, and now he's just fantastic. Only El-Abd and Elphick remain, it's no suprise.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Just serves as a reminder how far Adam El-Abd has come. Hooked after 45 minutes for a rubbish league 1 team already being pasted by Walsall, and now he's just fantastic. Only El-Abd and Elphick remain, it's no suprise.
At that point El Abd already had neary 50 Championship appearances, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here