Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Melanie Safka (Look What They've Done to My Song) - RIP

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I loved ‘Brand new key’. I was in love with a girl called Mary when that came out. I was 12 years of age.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I discovered this song by Melanie when it was played at the end of the first episode of the tv series 'The English"....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Was she the same Melanie who sang "Please wait at the gates of heaven for me, Terry."? (once had it at the crem for funnily enough a bloke called Terry)

edit, apologies just googled it, it was Twinkle.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was she the same Melanie who sang "Please wait at the gates of heaven for me, Terry."? (once had it at the crem for funnily enough a bloke called Terry)

edit, apologies just googled it, it was Twinkle.
Yes, a slightly out-of-tune Twinkle. Strange, this thread seems to have turned into a music thread rather than an RIP one.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes, a slightly out-of-tune Twinkle. Strange, this thread seems to have turned into a music thread rather than an RIP one.
Would be strange if people didn’t post song tributes on a thread announcing the death of a musician 🤷‍♂️

Another sad loss - loved ‘Look what they’ve done to My Song‘ - released as the B side to Ruby Tuesday - a great cover track (Keith Richards)

One of her own compositions written after the amazing Woodstock festival

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
She was a musician.
and my post was an appreciation of her work

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She was a musician.
and my post was an appreciation of her work
Yet only one post mentioned anything about 'Sad news', and none included an 'RIP', both of which you'd expect to find - and normally do - on a thread of this kind. Still, I'm not going to turn it into a silly argument thread, so I'll leave it there.

.......and RIP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Welcome to NSC. You know the rules (there are very few, and most of them are Byzantine.)

Anyway, I won't add to the derailment.

RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here