[News] Meat Loaf RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yep, seemingly another tragic waste if true- from Wiki “Meat Loaf died on the evening of January 20, 2022, at the age of 74. No cause of death has been officially announced, but the singer's manager, Michael Greene, confirmed that he was supposed to attend a business dinner earlier this week, but the dinner was cancelled because he was seriously ill with COVID-19. He was surrounded by his wife, Deborah, daughters Pearl and Amanda, and close friends. The singer had been outspoken about COVID, specifically railing against vaccine mandates in Australia and it is unknown if he was vaccinated.”

[emoji22]

A friend being interviewed on the BBC is saying that he was fiercely anti-mask. It will be very sad if he has died of Covid having not protected himself.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
One of my most bizarre jobs was a temp job on the promotion for one of his tours in the 1990's. I had to go to a hotel on the A4 in London just past Earl's Court at 6am. Go to reception for a key and then get a dummy of Meatloaf in full leathers and chains out of a cupboard. The Japanese tourists used to realy stare. I then had to place him on a beautiful Harley sat perched on the Hotel forecourt. I then had to sit by the bike for 12 hours to stop it being nicked.

One bored day I wandered off for a coffee. On my return there was a huge Hell's Angel type biker underneath it unbolting some of the parts. A little squeakily I asked what he was doing. Just taking the carburettor he said. I replied that I was security and he said oh sorry mate thought it would be ok and after bolting whatever it was back on he got up and politely said goodbye. Thank God.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A friend being interviewed on the BBC is saying that he was fiercely anti-mask. It will be very sad if he has died of Covid having not protected himself.

... or others.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You never seem to hear about vaccinated people dying of Covid and saying " I wish I never had that vaccine now. "

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports