Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcghee wanting virgo??

Baby Burtz

Feb 27, 2006
Brighton
ive just read this from bbc football gossip page

New Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has targeted out-of-favour Celtic defender Adam Virgo.

true?? sorry if fixtures:blush::blush:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He'd be a fool if he went there....beginning of the slippery slope once you go down the league in Scotland.
Has been suggested that Virgo is back in favour with Strachan so hope he sticks with it and if things still don't work out he will be better off coming back to a Championship side...he will get a few offers I think

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
although McGhee was the one to use Virgo at his strongest position , where others have now failed with him , dropping down abit might actually save his career ..

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
although McGhee was the one to use Virgo at his strongest position , where others have now failed with him , dropping down abit might actually save his career ..

I agree.

Brighton to Celtic was a HUGE leap, one Virgo as yet seems unable to make. A leap from what he was at Brighton to Motherwell would be more manageable.

I'm sure it has been said before, but I can't help but feel that Virgo's transfer (or at least the size of it) was akin to Mark Beeney's transfer to Leeds in the early 90s - an old pals' act to help secure the future of the lesser club.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Loan move to Motherwell for a year more likely I suppose.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
I wish we could have him back....we need a leader in the team!! I think we've missed that for a long time now since the likes of Cullip & Virgo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here