Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Must have changed. As I said, I don't go often!

Neither would I without a bus pass and vouchers for a very low priced meal!

Yesterday's double cheese-burger was rather tasty, actually - in my opinion better than the Big Mac. Better things to do today (yes, I'm watching deadline day on SSN!) but will report back on the Fillet o'Fish tomorrow, if you like.............................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A Big Mac at 9.30? thought they were still serving breakfast then. Big Macs, Quarterpounders et al only normally available from 10.30 onwards.

It's 9:30 when I'm waiting for the bus. I'm not on it yet, nor has it completed its journey, nor will I have walked (rather slowly, with a stick) across town from the bus station to McDonalds. Like I say, not a problem - and I've got all day.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://people.com/food/mchive-worlds-smallest-mcdonalds-sweden-save-bees/

World's smallest McDonalds (in Sweden) serves bees.

https://youtu.be/lng4n3FI7SQ

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I see the people of Lewes kicking up a fuss as McDonalds want to build a drivethrough there.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/17820637.residents-act-fast-fight-off-mcdonalds/

RESIDENTS are furious after McDonald’s raised the idea of building a restaurant in their town.

The fast-food giant has submitted an initial pre-application to build a drive-through in Daveys Lane, Lewes.

Although McDonald’s has merely put in an enquiry, residents who got wind of its idea have been quick to oppose it strongly.

Lesley Healey, who helps run the Lewes Community Allotment, said she would be horrified if McDonald’s built a drive-through in the town.

“I am already angry that it hands out these silly plastic toys in its meals,” she said.

“I strongly disagree with a McDonald’s being built here.

“And a drive-through? The traffic in that area is already chock a block and it will just make it worse.”

Mrs Healey said while she does not sell her own food from the allotment, Lewes is home to a lot of traders who sell their goods locally.

She said: “Having this multi-international chain is not something I would personally welcome.

“It will really impact local trade and we shouldn’t be eating their stuff anyway, it’s not healthy.”

Stuart Gillespie, who has worked in nutrition and health for 35 years, including with the World Health Organisation, said he chose to live in Lewes for its “progressive approach to environmental health and wellbeing”, and because it is “not run by fast-food outlets like other towns”.

“The UK is in the midst of an obesity epidemic, largely driven by transnational companies peddling junk food, at low prices,” he said.

“I was shocked when I heard of this proposal, and I completely object to it, as I believe do the majority of the population in Lewes.”

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm really surprised that a town the size of Horsham doesn't have any fast food restaurants at all, save for one lonely KFC in the Bishopric. There is the odd fish & chip shop and Kebab joint buno chains to speak of..

It did boast both a McDonalds and a Burger King, but they had both disappeared more than ten years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here