Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds at 40 have fun on their message board

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Money. What else?

Have you never heard of MSG? That's pretty stupid if you haven't.

http://www.msgtruth.org/addiction.htm

Not only have I heard of it, it makes me quite ill. The odd occasion I have a McDonalds I don't get ill. Their list of ingredients (Yes I have checked) do not include MSG, E621 or any other of the signs I know to look for. Where is your proof for this? Or is it another of your 'theories' that maybe causing you to libel a multinational with very deep pockets?

KFC on the other hand - now that does make me ill and I have read many sources that say that MSG is part of their recipe.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Chewing is essential for good health, as it promotes the flow of digestive juices which break down the food and send nutrients into the blood. McDonald's food is so lacking in bulk it is hardly possible to chew it. Even their own figures show thata "quarter-pounder" is 48% water. This sort of fake food encourages over-eating, and the high sugar and sodium content can make people develop a kind of addiction - a 'craving'. That means more profit for McDonald's, but constipation, clogged arteries andheart attacks for many customers.

Toko

Banned
Jul 20, 2014
Not only have I heard of it, it makes me quite ill. The odd occasion I have a McDonalds I don't get ill. Their list of ingredients (Yes I have checked) do not include MSG, E621 or any other of the signs I know to look for. Where is your proof for this? Or is it another of your 'theories' that maybe causing you to libel a multinational with very deep pockets?

KFC on the other hand - now that does make me ill and I have read many sources that say that MSG is part of their recipe.

Although McDonald's has "cleaned their labels" of added MSG, they overuse autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed protein, and natural flavors which they admit contain wheat and dairy hydrolysates (thanks to the allergen labeling law) - which contain free glutamate and act exactly like MSG.
Angus Beef Seasoning
Big Mac sauce
Ranch dressings and dipping sauces
Most Chicken Products including
Chicken McNuggets
Chicken Selects
Crispy Chicken Filet
Chili Lime Tortilla Strips
Hash Browns
French Fries - the "seasoning" added to the oil the fries are precooked in contains hydrolzyed wheat and milk
The "seasoning" is made from beef, wheat and milk, processed to break down the proteins into free amino acids like glutamate. US laws allow "natural flavoring" to consist of "protein hydrolysates" containing free glutamic acid. That's why they do it - to free glutamate to act like MSG so they can declare a "clean label" while misleading the consumer.

Two disturbing things about McDonald's menu is the copious use of phosphates - a food additive that was widely used to prepare before a colonoscopy but is now not used because it was found to damage the kidneys. It pulls water from the body and can cause diarrhea. Also, hydrogenated fats were everywhere on this menu. McDonalds may be bragging about cleaning up their labels by hiding MSG, but they have a long way to go to get off this avoid list.

Don't just take our word for it. Here is the latest McDonalds® Ingredient Webpage

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Where is your proof for this? Or is it another of your 'theories' that maybe causing you to libel a multinational with very deep pockets?

Care to remind me of these theories? haven't most of them turned out true!?

Oh and where's your evidence that McDonalds doesn't have MSG in it? The McDonalds website is no form of fair evidence when you consider what Burger King have been up to.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
All the ingredients are openly provided on The McD website. So please all stop making it up, going by rumour or prejudice and check your facts.....not so much sugar after all really eh.....(compare to other products as well before moaning.

Big Mac
D Grade 550 Calories
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Sandwich (215 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 550

Calories from Fat 261

Total Fat 29g 45%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 970mg 40%
Carbohydrates 46g 15%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 9g

Protein 25g

Vitamin A 4% · Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 25% · Iron 25%

Read more: Calories in McDonald's - Big Mac | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-big-mac-i53962#ixzz3CMcjqwBO

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why would a diabetic choose to go to McDonalds? As a diabetic, I would choose to go anywhere but due to the high levels of sugar in near enough everything. And it tastes like shite (unless drunk).

I meant in an emergency.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Very addictive food thanks to the drug MSG used as an ingredient. Mcdonalds is addictive for a reason, be warned.

talking out your arse again as usual. MSG isnt addictive, its not even remotly harmfull. billions of people in Asia consume it with no adverse effcts, Marmite has loads but as its natural its not listed as an ingredient and no one mentions it. its a complete myth built up by people with to much time on thier hands.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All the ingredients are openly provided on The McD website. So please all stop making it up, going by rumour or prejudice and check your facts.....not so much sugar after all really eh.....(compare to other products as well before moaning.

Big Mac
D Grade 550 Calories
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Sandwich (215 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 550

Calories from Fat 261

Total Fat 29g 45%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Cholesterol 75mg 25%
Sodium 970mg 40%
Carbohydrates 46g 15%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 9g

Protein 25g

Vitamin A 4% · Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 25% · Iron 25%

Read more: Calories in McDonald's - Big Mac | Nutrition and Health Facts http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-mcdonalds-big-mac-i53962#ixzz3CMcjqwBO

True but all those carbs will also sugar once digested.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Care to remind me of these theories? haven't most of them turned out true!?

Oh and where's your evidence that McDonalds doesn't have MSG in it? The McDonalds website is no form of fair evidence when you consider what Burger King have been up to.

No but it could form the basis of a large law suit if not correct

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
talking out your arse again as usual. MSG isnt addictive, its not even remotly harmfull. billions of people in Asia consume it with no adverse effcts, Marmite has loads but as its natural its not listed as an ingredient and no one mentions it. its a complete myth built up by people with to much time on thier hands.

This is from a doctor's angle, but no doubt you'll know better.

http://drlwilson.com/articles/MSG.htm

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No but it could form the basis of a large law suit if not correct

Jesus Christ, I think you're getting a tad paranoid. Unless Ronalds an Albion fan, I don't think i'll need to worry.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I didn't know that, I have to say I would be very surprised if they had zero sugar in them. They will have sugar under a different name or a sweetener at least I would have thought? May be wrong.

no, theres simply not as much sugar added as some want to believe. assuming their nutritional info is correct, and it'd pretty easy to check. theres an amount in the bun and sauces, and the milkshakes have mental sugar amounts (about half a womans recommended daily intake). in the main its not any sweeter than any other food, probably alot less than "low fat" stuff that compensates with sugars.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
This is from a doctor's angle, but no doubt you'll know better.

no, just an entire continent that uses MSG as a table condiment like we use salt and pepper.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Jesus Christ, I think you're getting a tad paranoid. Unless Ronalds an Albion fan, I don't think i'll need to worry.

No you don't need to worry, you misunderstood. If their website is promoting false information as you suggest it might be, then they could be in big trouble legally.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No you don't need to worry, you misunderstood. If their website is promoting false information as you suggest it might be, then they could be in big trouble legally.

McDonalds is untouchable. They could sell us horse meat and we'd still see them on our high streets.....

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Nonsense. I must have a McDonalds, said no-one, ever.

Like others have said, it's simply quick, easy and you know what you'll get. It doesn't have to be (and indeed, isn't) more complicated than that.

Absolutely. It is what it is. There are an awful lot of precious and snobbish posters on here. No one goes into McDonalds for a gourmet meal. Its a fast food meal which can be tasty and if you don't like their food, don't eat there. I eat there every now and then and seem to have avoided becoming addicted or catching ecoli or some other terrible disease. Naturally because it's a big corporation it attracts a lot of loony conspiracy theories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here