Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCormack

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cheeky loan bid?

Potentially good goal scorer, but Villa aren't going to be able to offload him to easily after that article- certainly won't re-coup their outgoings.
If exposure to CH and the discipline of our team ethic doesn't make him shape up pretty damn quick, then he can fester behind 4 foot electric gates down here, and if he does suddenly get his act together could certainly make another forward option for us - and bag us a few goals - as we push on.

So, what's in it for Villa? They can save a small part of his wages, and if he does sharpen up we can hand him back to them in a much better state to help with their promotion hopes next season.

So we're all agreed he's a complete **** and you're trying to figure out how to get him into the match day squad. This is one of the only times on NSC I've been speechless !!!!!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I agree, Bruce will certainly be looking to off load him. That said, how daft to publicly devalue this £12 mill acquisition, by warning other clubs what a lazy barztard he is. I'd not be happy if it had been my money wasted. :shrug:

I don't think Bruce has much choice really. If you are a Championship club that pays £12 million for a striker (and in Villa's case, it was Bruce's predecessor who made the signing) and that player isn't in the starting line-up, supporters and the media are going to ask questions about why they are absent. It isn't really in Bruce's nature to shy away from a question or to give a half-answer, and nor should he really. The fault lies with Villa overpaying for McCormack in the first place, without seemingly doing any due diligence.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So we're all agreed he's a complete **** and you're trying to figure out how to get him into the match day squad. This is one of the only times on NSC I've been speechless !!!!!

Can you not read the bit that says, "IFexposure to CH and the discipline of our team ethic doesn't make him shape up pretty damn quick, then he can fester behind 4 foot electric gates down here" - or do you just like to take part of a post and try to make a superior comment about it.

You clearly didn't notice the question mark either, which indicates it's not a suggestion, just a thought. If CH and co. think, "no, he's too much of a sh1t even for us to sort out" - fine. It's their opinion (as shown by what they do) that I value much more. Probably better if you'd stayed speechless...........

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Can you not read the bit that says, "IFexposure to CH and the discipline of our team ethic doesn't make him shape up pretty damn quick, then he can fester behind 4 foot electric gates down here" - or do you just like to take part of a post and try to make a superior comment about it.

You clearly didn't notice the question mark either, which indicates it's not a suggestion, just a thought. If CH and co. think, "no, he's too much of a sh1t even for us to sort out" - fine. It's their opinion (as shown by what they do) that I value much more. Probably better if you'd stayed speechless...........

Surely asking the question is suggesting the possibility? I wouldn't want us to touch him with a barge pole. You are correct that he has talent and ability but nobody in their right mind in our position would risk such a toxic influence in a squad that is so tight, hardworking and together. I would rather we didn't make any signings at all than get him in.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely asking the question is suggesting the possibility? I wouldn't want us to touch him with a barge pole. You are correct that he has talent and ability but nobody in their right mind in our position would risk such a toxic influence in a squad that is so tight, hardworking and together. I would rather we didn't make any signings at all than get him in.
Fair enough - you have your opinion and that's fine by me. To be honest, I'm not sure I would want him either - I really was just asking a question. My post - the one you are replying to - was in response to one which, rather than discussing it and stating an opinion as you have done, chose to take the sneering route.
:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I keep asking, in the hope that one day someone will actually be able to answer:-

Do you honestly think this squad, would be derailed by a gobby little twerp like Ross McCormack?
Do you firmly believe Duffy, Dunk, Stockdale, Murray, Knockaert (I'm not even halfway through the list) would cave in because of RM's deluded opinion of his own self worth?

As per the Bruce interview, RM needs the Albion quite probably more than he's prepared to admit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I keep asking, in the hope that one day someone will actually be able to answer:-

Do you honestly think this squad, would be derailed by a gobby little twerp like Ross McCormack?
Do you firmly believe Duffy, Dunk, Stockdale, Murray, Knockaert (I'm not even halfway through the list) would cave in because of RM's deluded opinion of his own self worth?

As per the Bruce interview, RM needs the Albion quite probably more than he's prepared to admit.
Good question. Hopefully you'll never know that answer. It's like asking, if I hit this object hard enough with a hammer, will it break? If you do ever get an answer, it would presumably when some grubby little twerp has actually disrupted the squad, then you'd know it could be done.
As it is, it may have been tried by any number of grubby little twerps already, but they have been firmly put in their place and are now 100% team Albion - and of course, we know nothing about it.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

I don't know if it could derail the squad but why would we take the risk. Hughton has made it clear a number of times that the ethos of the squad is that everyone works hard, works together and that the personality is as important as the ability. If one player is deemed more important than that who knows how this will make some of the players feel.

Moral is very hard to build but easy to destroy. For example, I have worked my arse of in my job for the last year at work as we have been ridiculously busy at the same time as moving to new bigger premises. I have been working an extra 20-30 minutes per day unpaid to help us keep our head above water, have come in at weekends (paid) and taken work home in the evening (unpaid). I was then told on Friday that as we finished 3 hours early on 23rd December (management closed office early) I wouldn't be paid for those hours even though I am a salaried staff member. Such a small thing and a small amount of money I will lose (am getting paid now after kicking off) however if they think I am doing them any favours in the near future then they can go **** themselves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if it could derail the squad but why would we take the risk. Hughton has made it clear a number of times that the ethos of the squad is that everyone works hard, works together and that the personality is as important as the ability. If one player is deemed more important than that who knows how this will make some of the players feel.
You're edging towards saying the club shouldn't sign anyone, just in case the current snowflakes melt when faced with a strong character/big ego.

Sure that's where the due diligence comes in, and I'm certainly not suggesting chasing RM.
But that's because I think he's shitehouse along with every other player who has been overvalued after being good for one season.

But NSC must be well into double figures now with this 'best not sign x because of the dressing room' argument, without ever acknowledging why the squad is so together.

This squad is full of leaders, attitude and the downright batshit crazy, (plus sweet little Solly) there's clearly no room for a player capable of getting stuck behind his 4ft gates and not giving a fook, because even if a player has the stones to try it on Hughton is the end of level boss.

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You're edging towards saying the club shouldn't sign anyone, just in case the current snowflakes melt when faced with a strong character/big ego.

Sure that's where the due diligence comes in, and I'm certainly not suggesting chasing RM.
But that's because I think he's shitehouse along with every other player who has been overvalued after being good for one season.

But NSC must be well into double figures now with this 'best not sign x because of the dressing room' argument, without ever acknowledging why the squad is so together.

This squad is full of leaders, attitude and the downright batshit crazy, (plus sweet little Solly) there's clearly no room for a player capable of getting stuck behind his 4ft gates and not giving a fook, because even if a player has the stones to try it on Hughton is the end of level boss.

Not saying we shouldn't sign anyone in case they upset the squad. I am however saying we shouldn't sign people that we KNOW have an attitude/effort problem. Arguments and disagreements will always happen in football (and all works of life) but laziness and not pulling your weight is never required.

Let's put it this way, would you hire someone that is clearly talented but can be a handful to manage and sometimes rocks the boat? Yes possibly depending on how good they are. Would you hire someone that has the ability but who is liable to sometimes not turn up for work, not even ring in sick and appear not to work to the best of their ability. Hell no.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Moral is very hard to build but easy to destroy. For example, I have worked my arse of in my job for the last year at work as we have been ridiculously busy at the same time as moving to new bigger premises. I have been working an extra 20-30 minutes per day unpaid to help us keep our head above water, have come in at weekends (paid) and taken work home in the evening (unpaid). I was then told on Friday that as we finished 3 hours early on 23rd December (management closed office early) I wouldn't be paid for those hours even though I am a salaried staff member. Such a small thing and a small amount of money I will lose (am getting paid now after kicking off) however if they think I am doing them any favours in the near future then they can go **** themselves.
Well that's what you get for working for someone else be in charge of your own destiny.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not saying we shouldn't sign anyone in case they upset the squad. I am however saying we shouldn't sign people that we KNOW have an attitude/effort problem. Arguments and disagreements will always happen in football (and all works of life) but laziness and not pulling your weight is never required.

Let's put it this way, would you hire someone that is clearly talented but can be a handful to manage and sometimes rocks the boat? Yes possibly depending on how good they are. Would you hire someone that has the ability but who is liable to sometimes not turn up for work, not even ring in sick and appear not to work to the best of their ability. Hell no.
I largely agree with you, but I think there can be exceptions (I'm not suggesting this i one). Did he skip training at his other clubs? If we really needed a striker (eg, Murray or Hemed out for a few months), couldn't get anyone else who was decent, spoke to him to see whether he wanted the chance to change things around and win promotion and he was keen, would a loan really be that bad? He could prove himself, and get a move or get back into the Villa squad for next season's push. And if he missed training or was being a dick, he'd be out immediately, no harm done.

That's not what I want to happen. But there could be circumstances where bringing a player with issues in could still help us get points. Nothing will break our team's spirit, any such player would either fit in or get tossed aside.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Pretty much you only live one life mate be happy in it. Why put all your energy into fulfilling someone else's dream?

I really appreciate your advice but I am a happy man who helps to provide for his beautiful wife and enchanting daughter. They are my life and whilst I make a decent living my job is not my dream, my family is, so please don't spend your energy preaching your dream to other people about which you know little.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I didn't think there was anything particularly superior about my post but maybe you know something i don't

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I largely agree with you, but I think there can be exceptions (I'm not suggesting this i one). Did he skip training at his other clubs? If we really needed a striker (eg, Murray or Hemed out for a few months), couldn't get anyone else who was decent, spoke to him to see whether he wanted the chance to change things around and win promotion and he was keen, would a loan really be that bad? He could prove himself, and get a move or get back into the Villa squad for next season's push. And if he missed training or was being a dick, he'd be out immediately, no harm done.

That's not what I want to happen. But there could be circumstances where bringing a player with issues in could still help us get points. Nothing will break our team's spirit, any such player would either fit in or get tossed aside.

The fact that he physically looks like a retired footballer or one at the end of his career, but is earning probably in excess of 40k a week yet can't be arsed to turn up to training, would suggest that he no longer has any interest in excelling at the sport which gave him all he has. I reckon he's not even worth having a discussion with. :smile:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here