Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McClaren - No quality in our goals...

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
You could understand him ? the derby fans in Dicks looked like they had spent the afternoon mucking out sheep :ohmy:

Brilliant!!

I think he was an exiled Derby fan - not particularly strong accent and was on train heading towards Worthing. He also made reference to the fact he had seen Derby at the Amex a few times. When I asked if he remembered Vicente's master class against the Rams a couple of seasons back he replied with the classic, "yeah I think Derby gave Brighton too much respect that night...."

Brilliant !?!!?!?!!!!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't seen any highlights yet myself so cannot judge what the actual quality level was but, leaving that aside, McLaren comes across as a classless prick there :thumbsup:

!! See post 13.

As for those highlights, I'm sure there are longer ones available but I'm sure Mr Stockdale won't be too pleased with the editing.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If a Manager does not put a spin on a defeat he is out the door. I don't blame McClaren. He did say Derby played well (cause we let them), and got no reward, after a disappointing game at Fulham (sounded like our home game against Fulham) and even Wenger was slightly disingenuous about the chances that Baldock missed (applied to both games).

Derby fans really needed a win to keep them on tracks, so I can understand their disappointment. We have seen it enough.

The lesson is that any team vying for promotion needs a decent reserve striker (why Burnley wanted Barnes) cause an injury can knock them off track. I think we've got the reserve strikers. Just need an proper first team striker.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well I understood that to be him saying he was disappointed with the quality of defending from his team for or goals. They switched off because they had nothing to do. Lots of people in this thread looking for a story tht doesn't exist.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If a Manager does not put a spin on a defeat he is out the door. I don't blame McClaren. He did say Derby played well (cause we let them), and got no reward, after a disappointing game at Fulham (sounded like our home game against Fulham) and even Wenger was slightly disingenuous about the chances that Baldock missed (applied to both games).

Derby fans really needed a win to keep them on tracks, so I can understand their disappointment. We have seen it enough.

The lesson is that any team vying for promotion needs a decent reserve striker (why Burnley wanted Barnes) cause an injury can knock them off track. I think we've got the reserve strikers. Just need an proper first team striker.

At last perseus----we agree on something---------have you stopped :drink:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am not letting the goon off the hook but firstly he looked as if he had just emerged from the away dressing room having dished out an almighty bollocking to his players and he was talking to Rams TV, the managers know the interviewers well and I doubt McClaren was thinking I had better be careful here this could end up on North Stand Chat, if he was talking to the general media in a post match interview I doubt that he would have said the same and delivered the normal spiel that managers come out with about soft goals, tricky pitches, poor refs and I did not see it.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Have not watched it. No need. Bloke is a right stroker, always has been and always will be, he just has one of those faces. Also, give it up on the blob of hair fringe thing, it's not working mate.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
!! See post 13.

As for those highlights, I'm sure there are longer ones available but I'm sure Mr Stockdale won't be too pleased with the editing.

Thanks, missed them earlier :blush: Having now seen the goals I can concur with those saying that the second goal was proper quality :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Thanks, missed them earlier :blush: Having now seen the goals I can concur with those saying that the second goal was proper quality :thumbsup:

Just like Peter Ward but better! :thumbsup:

I don't how those goals can be stopped ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here