Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] McAllister

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wolves are a top side, Jota is on fire. It would be reckless to put them in for a game against one of the divisions big boys. It'd be setting him up to fail.

That also rules him our of the Arsenal, Leicester and Man U games. So Norwich away.

But then everyone says how they are the best team to be bottom at this stage, and look at their recent performances against top teams. If Delia gets on the pitch and fires the crowd up, it could be more fiery that Palace/Sheffield. Let's not risk him there. Then it's Liverpool and Man City...

It could be as simple as he might not be as good as we're hoping. :down:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wolves are a top side, Jota is on fire. It would be reckless to put them in for a game against one of the divisions big boys. It'd be setting him up to fail.

That also rules him our of the Arsenal, Leicester and Man U games. So Norwich away.

But then everyone says how they are the best team to be bottom at this stage, and look at their recent performances against top teams. If Delia gets on the pitch and fires the crowd up, it could be more fiery that Palace/Sheffield. Let's not risk him there. Then it's Liverpool and Man City...

Poor chap hope he makes a full recovery after Saturday

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Find it strange that people who accuse Potter of constant tinkering, also urge us to "try something different"

on the face of it that does seem odd but I think what people want to see is a settled team so when a player does well he is retained in the first 11 and only change a player when they are not performing. I think people feel that Potter is trying to be too clever and tailoring each team to what he perceives will be necessary on a game by game basis. Really good idea but it means there is no real system that players can hang on to.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thats the NSC spirit..........call him a dud before hes even kicked a ball in anger and before ANYONE on NSC has seen him play.......it really beggars belief.

I don't think either of myself or [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] were calling him a dud. I simply said in a whole host of hypothetical reasons he hasn't been picked yet is that he might not be as good as we were hoping, and Ernest said wouldn't be the first time we've signed a dud - which actually is as factual a statement as you'll find on this thread. Bit of a leap to say either of us were saying he is a dud. :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My reasons for wanting MacAllister fast tracked to the first team are purely he is the only person in our squad who naturally plays as a 10 and at a decent level. Against Palace we played Trossard in that position and in the past we have dabbled with March there and Groß none of which have worked.

From what I have seen he is very comfortable on the ball, makes runs into the box and seems to be able to find the net so certainly has the attributes we are lacking in that area at the moment.

That’s not hyping him up or putting unrealistic expectations on him but more putting a round peg in a round hole and seeing how he gets on at this level.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My reasons for wanting MacAllister fast tracked to the first team are purely he is the only person in our squad who naturally plays as a 10 and at a decent level. Against Palace we played Trossard in that position and in the past we have dabbled with March there and Groß none of which have worked.

From what I have seen he is very comfortable on the ball, makes runs into the box and seems to be able to find the net so certainly has the attributes we are lacking in that area at the moment.

That’s not hyping him up or putting unrealistic expectations on him but more putting a round peg in a round hole and seeing how he gets on at this level.

Gross has never worked there as a no.10. 2 goals, 4 assists this season. 3 goals, 3 assists last season. 7 goals 8 assists the season before. In 2017/18 he basically had a hand in 50% of our goals :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gross has never worked there as a no.10. 2 goals, 4 assists this season. 3 goals, 3 assists last season. 7 goals 8 assists the season before. In 2017/18 he basically had a hand in 50% of our goals :shrug:

We have not played Groß regularly as a 10 he is played the wide part of a front 3 or played on the right of a central 3 but not as a central attacking player behind the striker. That is where he is most effective and gets the assists and goals you describe.

I am actually a big fan of Groß and as your stats show we miss his contribution when he is firing but he is not the answer to playing in the hole behind the striker

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why on earth would Ashworth be in charge of picking the team? That right there is utter bullshit. Real or imagined...

This is NSC remember. In season 2013/14 many were convinced that Nathan Jones was picking the team and Oscar Garcia was submitting to his wishes.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
My guess is Gross will sign for Saints in summer as he played for Ralph H before

McAllister to make debut as a sub against Wolves - just my complete guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here