Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] May I log on again if I say I’m a tad sorry ?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
As you may well have seen from my post Thursday evening I got more than a bit pissed off over another forum member.
This post is not intended to spark any one replying or making comment about them, so please don’t. I’m not posting for either support or criticism.

I just wanted to say sorry for over reacting, probably induced by an oh too nice bottle of brandy ;)

So, if you don’t mind, I’d like to come back on board and I’ll try harder next time to not be so reactionary.

Anyhow, Saturday was rather good wasn’t it (y)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nah what you said was fine. People looking at it as a fresh out of context post got a bit ‘I’m too cool for this’ but it was given a fresh thread by someone else. No harm done 👍

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been there, done it and the following morning gone :ffsparr: and made my apologies

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I have no idea what you're talking about but welcome back.
What he said.

He who has not said something they later regret in anger (or alcoholic haze) be the first to cast an ignore button.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I had to delete a lot of over-excited Whatsapp comments made to work colleague in Liverpool on Saturday.

Can't imagine why I sent them or what I was thinking.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I had to delete a lot of over-excited Whatsapp comments made to work colleague in Liverpool on Saturday.

Sent a particularly funny voice note to a group asking why the feck everyone calls TAA ‘Trent’ all the time - like they know him. Must have said the word Trent 12 times in it - listened back and admittedly laughed at my drunken rant 😬🤷🏻‍♂️

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As you may well have seen from my post Thursday evening I got more than a bit pissed off over another forum member.
This post is not intended to spark any one replying or making comment about them, so please don’t. I’m not posting for either support or criticism.

I just wanted to say sorry for over reacting, probably induced by an oh too nice bottle of brandy ;)

So, if you don’t mind, I’d like to come back on board and I’ll try harder next time to not be so reactionary.

I don’t know what this is about but might be better to pm an apology to the person you offended ?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Nope, didn't see the post.

Do you have a link?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I really wouldn't worry about it. I think I know what you're referring to. It was a bit out of order but you weren't the only one. He seems to have bounced back and come out of it unscathed. :)I had a go at someone on here once as I'd had a really crap day, had to many beers and got user names mixed up! 😭 I can't speak for the poster but I reckon they're quite thick skinned. Tbf you've got to be thick skinned to post on here to start with! :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you are referring to the thread about... well... me, then don't worry, be happy.

22 years ago I wrote my first column, it was on a Warcraft site. The title was "Warcraft 3 is going to suck" and I got 500 comments from people wanting to burn, destroy or even kill the 12-year-old me. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of controversial articles, thousands of hot takes on various forums and social medias later... there's no comment on the Internet that can reach me personally. I can get annoyed on behalf of Dan Burn or Neal Maupay or Graham Potter or similar, but things written about me just can't touch me, I'm immune in that sense. No harm done.

It was a bit of a rowdy night and I wrote some posts that weren't particularly clever. Was a bit unnecessary shitstirring from me and when that happens, people might say things they regret etc. which is no biggie, entirely natural and something we've all done.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If you are referring to the thread about... well... me, then don't worry, be happy.

22 years ago I wrote my first column, it was on a Warcraft site. The title was "Warcraft 3 is going to suck" and I got 500 comments from people wanting to burn, destroy or even kill the 12-year-old me. Hundreds, maybe thousands, of controversial articles, thousands of hot takes on various forums and social medias later... there's no comment on the Internet that can reach me personally. I can get annoyed on behalf of Dan Burn or Neal Maupay or Graham Potter or similar, but things written about me just can't touch me, I'm immune in that sense. No harm done.

It was a bit of a rowdy night and I wrote some posts that weren't particularly clever. Was a bit unnecessary shitstirring from me and when that happens, people might say things they regret etc. which is no biggie, entirely natural and something we've all done.
Very nicely put, good man 👍

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

My cousin (born in Kent) and my brother in law (Australian) both Liverpool fans were on the receiving end of several whatsapp messages Saturday. Either still to reply :dunky:

To the OP you had the balls to apologise well done

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Definitely not a comment aimed at your "friend", but a great general piece of advice if people are pressing your buttons online.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”​

― Mark Twain

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

When I saw his OP I immediately thought “Swansman”.

Not because I knew the post he was referring to but because you seem to have regular disagreements with lots of people.

Some put it down to the sheer amount you post. Some that you answer every post on every thread.
Some that you are an arrogant little dingus.
Some that you aren’t an Albion supporter.
Some that you use numerous identities across lots of forums to stir shit.
Some that you use different identities to access threads that the mods have barred you from, so desperate are you to have your say.
Some even think you should be banned forever for such behaviour.

I couldn’t possibly comment. I don’t pay much attention to you. But I knew you’d be in the middle of it all somehow.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When I saw his OP I immediately thought “Swansman”.

Not because I knew the post he was referring to but because you seem to have regular disagreements with lots of people.

Some put it down to the sheer amount you post. Some that you answer every post on every thread.
Some that you are an arrogant little dingus.
Some that you aren’t an Albion supporter.
Some that you use numerous identities across lots of forums to stir shit.
Some that you use different identities to access threads that the mods have barred you from, so desperate are you to have your say.
Some even think you should be banned forever for such behaviour.

I couldn’t possibly comment. I don’t pay much attention to you. But I knew you’d be in the middle of it all somehow.
Is that a new Eurythmics song?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here